pixeltracker

Next for the Lyric Theatre- Page 2

Next for the Lyric Theatre

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#25Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 7:40pm

"Chitty had name recognition & yet they died in that barn."

I definitely don't think Chitty has as much name recognition as Charlie/Willy Wonka but I do agree no matter the recognition there's little hope for a show there.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#26Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 8:01pm

I don't think anything can save Chocolate Factory, it's a huge mess of a show, reworking won't help it

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

ivandixon2
#27Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 10:15pm

A dramatic production of "A Christmas Carol" will play during the holiday season with record paydays to four very strong name actors. Then a long-term tenant after the first of the year. They can't announce Xmas Carol or the stars until "On The Town" announces a closing date, if it ever does.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#28Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 10:31pm

what do you mean record paydays? Are these actors stage actors? and what is this long term tenant? Cirque?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

ivandixon2
#29Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 10:40pm

It's somewhat challenging to explain what the phrase "record paydays" means other than exactly that. While all four are gifted stage actors, they are known to the public at-large primarily for other mediums. The Lyric will have to announce its long-term tenant when the time is right for them.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#30Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 10:46pm

What I do know:

On The Town will be closing sometime in September. 

It will be dark for a few weeks until a Holiday show moves in for a limited run. The holiday show is tentatively planning on loading in mid October. 

Cirque du Soleil has been in talks with the New 42nd Street and Ambassador Theatre Group about a residency there, but to my knowledge nothing official has materialized nor any contracts been signed. 

As for the Frozen comments:

I agree that musical would make a lot of sense there. The only issue is that Disney has an unofficial working partnership with the Nederlanders. All of their non-New Amsterdam shows have gone into one of that groups Theatres. Now Disney and the New 42nd Street hve worked together during the rehabilitation of that street but I dont think Disney would want to dismiss the Nederlanders if one of those Theatres were available. In any case that musical isn't comjng for a while and the owners and operators won't stand for the Lyric being dark that long. So I do t see it happening 

Phillypinto
#31Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:00pm

meaning they will make the most money then anyone else on broadway?

I can't wait to see who these people will be!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#32Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:13pm

Record pay days: more money then anyone has ever made as an actor in one specific show, or money amounts we haven't seen in a long time.

I know a major holiday play was being shopped last year--is this the same show or another venture? I've heard a smattering about this proposed production and the names being thrown around are...let's just say exceptionally recognized in the media forms they're typically associated with.

Phillypinto
#33Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:18pm

wow they must be really famous!!

ivandixon2
#34Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:32pm

With the exception of one-man shows, who holds the record for the most comp week to week?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#35Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:39pm

There is no truth that these folks will be the highest paid ever. It is important to understand that the people who have made the most were getting a share of the gross and in some cases a share of the net. Don't believe every hyperbole you read.

Phillypinto
#36Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:41pm

Nathan lane from producers?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#37Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:52pm

I personally don't know, but a quick google search gave some recent very high salaries:

--Al Pacino in Glengarry Glen Ross: rumored minimum of $125,000/week

--Lane and Broderick return to the producers in 2004: rumored minimum $100,000/week

--Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman in A Steady Rain: $40,000/week, plus box office guarantees to amount to over $100k/week

--Julia Roberts in Three Days of Rain: rumored $150,000/week

It's to note that most of the sky-high salaries are a very high base, plus a percentage of sales each week. Even lesser stars (or predominantly Broadway stats) who negotiate a percentage of weekly sales can do very, very well

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#38Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:56pm

It is amazing with sky high salaries like that people still wonder why ticket prices have gone thru the roof.

Poster Emeritus

Phillypinto
#39Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 12:08am

Those salaries are a percentage of the gross. People will pay a lot of money to see a famous celebrity, and all Broadway shows in general

A Director
#40Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 12:32am

The best use for the Lyric is to drag Pillypinto onstage and then have actors do interpretive readings of his postings.  The audience will be allowed to come onstage to hurl rotten fruit and veggies at him.  The event would be SRO for years.

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#41Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 12:35am

"The best use for the Lyric is to drag Pillypinto onstage and then have actors do interpretive readings of his postings.  The audience will be allowed to come onstage to hurl rotten fruit and veggies at him.  The event would be SRO for years."

Wow. Good one. So clever

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

Phillypinto
#42Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 12:52am

LOL 

ivandixon2
#43Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 1:00am

Hogans is right. In this case, all four actors will be receiving ONLY a percentage of the gross....beyond scale, of course. But the combination of talent virtually guarantees sellout business for seven weeks with three of the four actors receiving an average of 330,000 per week.

Updated On: 7/28/15 at 01:00 AM

Phillypinto
#44Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 1:06am

is one of them Tom Hanks?

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#45Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 3:46am

There are just so many times that I want to block a certain someone[would be my first] but I just can't. It's like perhaps having herpes, it's always there but there's nothing you can do to get rid of it, you just learn to live with it. You just hope one day you will wake up and no longer have to scratch that irritating itch.

Begone pestilant pest.

Phillypinto
#46Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:12pm

those 3 actors will be making BANK!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#47Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:38pm

ivandixon,

I don't see how that rumor can possibly be true. If you do the math it is insane. Of course if there is a theatre where insanity reigns supreme, it is 213 W 42nd St.

Phillypinto
#48Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 6:08pm

lol that means that a million dollars will go to the actors alone, but I'm not worried. They will make soo much money if these people are really that famous. Spider-Man's closing week almost made 3 million so I'm sure the show will be making BANK! The Lyric has a lot of potential, producers just need to be smart about it, and shame on the owners for not carefully selecting proper shows for that theatre. 

I blame Garth for all the shows that have failed in there

Phillypinto
#49Next for the Lyric Theatre
Posted: 7/28/15 at 6:11pm

On the Town should have gone into the Winter Garden or Marquis

Updated On: 7/28/15 at 06:11 PM