OKBroadwayFan
#125WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 12:18pm

Just announced that they are opening in the Atkinson in the spring

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#127WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 1:28pm

"Here is the interview with Bareilles that a local Boston station did for Waitress.  Some clips of the show itself.  There is a second edit that also had Paulus interviewed which aired earlier in the day, with different clips of Bareilles....but I can't find it!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/08/11/sara-bareilles-excited-for-first-musical-waitress-at-american-repertory-theatre/

PS.....it turns out I'll be at opening night.  Strangely enough, we had purchased a Preview Subscription which is cheaper, but they must have moved opening night!  Not sure how big of a deal it is in Boston, but I've never been to a professional opening night. "

Dramamama, are you going on the 19th? That's the night I'll be there! I've been to openings of a few national tours (Cinderella and Evita both in Providence) and they were pretty much just like normal performances - no real hype or anything. I'm quite excited for this show, though. I've been a fan of Sara's music for almost a decade and heard her sing "She Used to Be Mine" at her concert last summer. 

Updated On: 8/13/15 at 01:28 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#128WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 2:03pm

Yes, the 19th....but there is conflicting info as to which date is actually opening night.....originally it was the 20th, but lots of news sources locally are saying the 19th.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#129WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 2:18pm

""Waitress is going into a Shubert house so the Brooks Atkinson is out of the question. It will either go into the Schoenfeld or Belasco"

As usual, here is the inside scoop from Philly, with no named or quality sources. He needs to be stopped!

Just mark another one in the column of things Phillypinto said that have been completely incorrect...what a great day!

"

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#130WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 3:16pm

well they clearly said a Shubert house before so its not my fault

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#131WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 3:18pm

"Waitress is going into a Shubert house so the Brooks Atkinson is out of the question. It will either go into the Schoenfeld or Belasco" 

As usual, here is the inside scoop from Philly, with no named or quality sources. He needs to be stopped! Just mark another one in the column of things Phillypinto said that have been completely incorrect...what a great day!"

I DO feel a little vindicated since my suggesting the Brooks Atkinson prompted the original response. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#132WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 3:26pm

oh I'm sorry!! I guess things can change very quickly in the biz. They did say they were going into a Shubert house though

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Lilly7
#133WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 3:35pm

Sorry if this has already been discussed but to those who seen the show, how good is the score? While I like some of Sara Bareilles' songs, I find that most of her music sounds the same. How true of that is this score? 

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#134WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 3:48pm

If you read back through the thread there's lots of commentary about the score - I recommend doing that. 

But for what it's worth, it is very clearly written by Bareilles and has many signatures of her music - heavy piano rhythm, distinct beats, clever/witty lyrics and the ballads are heartbreaking. I do think some songs resemble each other and others have said that too. Overall I think it's a solid score with a few standout songs.  

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

David2 Profile Photo
David2
#135WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:37pm

Can someone post an updated song list after opening please?? I want to see how it has changed since I went during the first week... the next time I see it is during the last week of the run.

mailhandler777
#136WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard
Posted: 8/15/15 at 5:45pm

I saw the show on Sunday. Went in not knowing any of Sara's music or really knowing who Jessie was other then she won a Tony(I never saw her in anything). I went for Jeanna deWaal. I ended up loving the show. Loved it so much I have tickets for Aug 30th and closing night also. It's one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time but definitely had serious moments since it does deal with an unplanned pregnancy and spousal abuse. It's changing every day and will change leading up to opening night. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)