pixeltracker

Official Understudy Review Board- Page 2

Official Understudy Review Board

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#25Official Understudy Review Board
Posted: 10/6/15 at 10:02pm

Blown away by Eric tonight!! He was amazing as Shakespeare.

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#26Official Understudy Review Board
Posted: 10/7/15 at 3:03am

I had meant to post here but I forgot - I saw understudy Andrew Chappelle play Hercules Mulligan/James Madison on 9/25. I've seen Okieriete Onaodowan play the roles 3 times before - he is amazing.  Chappelle doesn't capture Oak's energy (he is a force of nature) but he was as solid as Hercules and very good as James Madison - and Chappelle's diction is much better (so I followed some of the fast raps better).

Anyone see Alysha Deslorieux play Eliza in HAMILTON tonight?  Would love to hear about her performance...

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#27Official Understudy Review Board
Posted: 10/7/15 at 7:16am

I'd be curious to hear about Alysha Deslorieux as well.  

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

massofmen
#28Official Understudy Review Board
Posted: 10/7/15 at 9:29am

Eric was amazimg! Better than bore in my opinion. Was sexier and more debonai. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#29Official Understudy Review Board
Posted: 12/6/15 at 10:15am

Aaron Albano is on for Telly Leung today in Allegiance!

https://twitter.com/aaronjalbano/status/673503846510026752

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#30Official Understudy Review Board
Posted: 12/6/15 at 11:03am

Anyone have any thoughts on Eliza and Angelica understudies in Hamilton? There's a video of Alysha Deslocrioix on YouTube and she covered one of the sisters' songs and sounded great! 

getatme
#31Official Understudy Review Board
Posted: 12/6/15 at 7:26pm

Had the pleasure of seeing Alysha as Eliza when she went on for a weekend downtown in late March. She was really really wonderful, a beautiful, smooth voice, and really solid acting. I think Phillipa Soo is a bit more emotional, but Alysha more than held her own. Haven't gotten the chance to see her on Broadway, but a friend of mine did and said she was still just as good.

As far as I know, she's only gone on for Eliza and Peggy/Maria, I don't believe Renee has missed any shows yet.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#32Official Understudy Review Board
Posted: 12/6/15 at 8:12pm

I saw five shows in my trip to New York last month (well, six, counting Sleep No More), and three of the five had understudies in the lead male roles (or an alternate, in the case of Hamilton). I thought Mauricio Perez, the understudy for Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys, was amazing. Actually, he was the understudy to the alternate, so if he's the show's third or fourth choice to go on, I can't imagine what the others are like. He was completely believable as both the teenage Frankie and the middle-aged Frankie, and the way he was able to "age" himself onstage by subtle modulations of his performance was remarkable. And of course his singing was beautiful. I think I have a new name to add to the "Broadway crushes" thread.

Updated On: 12/6/15 at 08:12 PM