pixeltracker

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - anyone watch?- Page 5

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - anyone watch?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#100Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 10/8/16 at 7:36pm

The 2nd season of CEG starts on 10/21.

The show picked up a lot of steam over the summer, good word of mouth, binge watching, Netflix...

Even in the U.K., it premiered on Netflix UK probably around June and immediately found a whole new audience that, like us, can't wait for the new season to start. So rather than having to wait another year for the 2nd season, Netflix UK announced last week the new seasons' episodes will be available just a couple of days after the US CW broadcasts.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/715479/Crazy-Ex-Girlfriend-season-2-Netflix-UK

Yay! Musicals!

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#101Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 10/10/16 at 4:49pm

Hey Gang, me again. Next week the show is back, picking up on dribbles and gossip on line and it sounds like CEG is going to be just as good (or maybe better) than S1. One of the very interesting tidbits was a photo of a very nice yellow gown that Rebecca (Rachel) wears during a take off/parody of Beyonce's Lemonade. I can't wait to hear those lyrics. Friday 10/21 at 9:00pm CW 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#102Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 10/11/16 at 1:51pm

More costuming news and background on the show. This is from Racked, a fashion/costuming website, that reveals lots of info on just how costumes are so much a part of a characters' personality. Another leak from season 2, they are doing a whole, "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" a la Marilyn Monroe. Can't wait to see that one.

http://www.racked.com/2016/10/10/13153976/crazy-ex-girlfriend-costumes

Yay! Musicals!

("Hello" just popped up on my Pandora. More great fun.)

Almost 40,000 views! Let's all watch the show and spread the word on the show.

Updated On: 10/11/16 at 01:51 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#103Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 10/17/16 at 12:46pm

Well, it's about time CW. "CEG" premiere is Friday night 10//21 at 9:00pm ( DVR "Hamilton" and sing along later!); they've finally started to turn up the publicity for Season 2. It's starts off with an absolute bang. This is a 3+ minute music video parody of "Lemonade". I think it's called "Love Kernals". The song is hilarious and the costumes and sets look great. There's even a line in the song about this.

https://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/17/crazy-ex-girlfriend-beyonce-lemonade-music-video?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Can't wait! Yay Musicals! (and SNL stole the hamster and water bottle bit from "Crazy EG"Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update

Also, Vulture has leaked word of the new opening credits theme song and that it's been done ala tribute to Busby Berkeley and now "She's Just A Girl In Love" 

https://www.vulture.com/2016/10/crazy-ex-girlfriend-season-two-theme-im-just-a-girl-in-love.html?mid=twitter_vulture

(This show is so effing cute; tell your friends to watch!)

Updated On: 10/17/16 at 12:46 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#104Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 10/18/16 at 8:58pm

Me Again ! Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update   

This just in....Rachel Bloom is going to be on James Cordern tonight...(that should be crazy)...

And Laura Benanti is supposed to be turning up on Stephen Colbert, also tonight...set the DVR...

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#105Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 10/19/16 at 5:21pm

Well, we're finally getting some love (and publicity) from Playbill. Today's edition touts, "How Rachel Bloom MadeA Musical Comedy The Best TV Show of 2016". So that's a very nice and accurate thing to say.

The article gives background, highlights actors and guests, like Tovah Feldshuh, and links some of the music videos.

http://www.playbill.com/article/how-rachel-bloom-made-a-musical-comedy-the-best-tv-show-of-2016

So 2 more days! Yay Musicals! 9:00pm Friday night.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#106Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/21/16 at 11:16am

Season 2 tonight at 9:00pm EST on CW. (You can DVR Hamilton!!)

The new Busby Berkeley opening credits are so cute!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#107Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/23/16 at 2:45pm

Hi Gang! I forgot to post this from the NYT. Great little snippet and "heads up" for what to watch this weekend. (and what's at the top of the list? yep, Crazy ExGirlfriend).

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/arts/television/hamilton-black-mirror-what-to-watch.html?&moduleDetail=section-news-2&action=click&contentCollection=Television&region=Footer&module=MoreInSection&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article 

Of course they also included Hamilton and Walking Dead. I haven't watched whole S2 premiere yet, getting ready to DVR now.

http://screenrant.com/crazy-ex-girlfriend-season-2-premiere-review/ 

Enjoy; any thoughts?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#108Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/23/16 at 10:30pm

Ratings were awful. It only had 500,000 viewers. Not thinking The CW will renew for season 3, which is prettt sad.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#109Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/24/16 at 1:47pm

I was just able to watch CEG from 10/21 and it does not disappoint. Every crazy is getting slightly "crazier", a lot to cover in S2 premiere so side stories were only touched on, Paula is getting motivated, Darryl and White Josh are co-noodling coupling...and poor Greg (Santino Fontana) is in AA meetings! Let the "fun"begin. The songs and videos are very good and funny. Reviews are of course, very enthusiastic ...this from TV Line...Rachel Bloom "Performance of the Week"

https://tvline.com/2016/10/22/rachel-bloom-crazy-ex-girlfriend-season-2-premiere-performance/

(The ratings were on par with last year, but then, it was opposite Voice, Dancing Stars, Big Bang, Gotham...so who knows?) It's hard to believe that a series like Crazy with a smaller broadcast audience, even with awards and streaming services, Netflix and being in about 30 countries, still has to fight to be considered a success. So tell your friends to watch.  Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!! 

Also, just found a nice interview/article from GeeksOut with Pete Gardner who plays bisexual Darryl.

https://geeksout.org/blogs/gavsygoo/interview-crazy-ex-girlfriends-pete-gardner

Updated On: 10/24/16 at 01:47 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#110Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/25/16 at 12:39am

(Oh no, it's crazy Steve again) Hi Kids!

This is an interview with Kat Burns who is the Emmy winning choreographer for CEG. Any ensemble or dancer/actor might enjoy the back story on her, what and how the show gets done. She worked on Key & Peele for all 5 years that was on.

http://screenertv.com/television/crazy-ex-girlfriend-emmy-award-choreographer-kathryn-burns/

Their schedule is just as grueling as a Broadway show. She says for a one hour show, it's a 7 day shoot, from start to film end. Kat's choreography really does add so much to the show. I love how choreographer's dive in head first. Also, from the Season 2 premiere, at the end, at the finish of the Busby Berkeley number, she's the dancer that explodes! (Much more fun than TWD).

So now, Friday nights; two FUNNY women (and gifts to musical comedy)!...Rachel and Tracey Ullman's back! 

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#111Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/27/16 at 2:07pm

Here's hoping that the viewer numbers go up without Hamilton to compete with - or that if it does get cancelled, Netflix will pick it up. 

Fingers crossed and keep spreading the word!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#112Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/27/16 at 3:20pm

Just wanted to post that I absolutely love this show. It is just pure gold.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#113Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/27/16 at 3:39pm

Not a lot of time for me to post right now, but I wanted to get this out...Fanfare!!!

Patti LuPone and Tovah Feldshuh will be guest stars later in the season. I haven't got any more details but TF posted this photo on instagram today....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMEj__oB_GJ/

I can't wait to see what they do! TF already plays Rebecca's mother from last season. More later..

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#114Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/27/16 at 7:16pm

I don't know what ratings you are looking at and I mean this with all due respect, but the ratings are not on par with the ratings it got last year. 

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#115Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/28/16 at 10:45am

The ratings for this show have always been low, but the ratings for last week's season premiere were not on par with last season's averages. They were dismal -- the lowest rated episode in the show's history. CW has done them no favors by giving them the literal worst time slot possible, but any idea that the show's Netflix debut would improve ratings for the new season appears to be wishful thinking.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#116Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 10/28/16 at 4:26pm

Just a few quick notes as I try to control my BP...

1) Santino (Greg) and Donna (Paula) have songs tonight; that I know of, maybe more.

2) Patti LuPone and Tovah Feldshuh filmed their episode this week. (Patti said she loves the show. "It's like Off-Broadway with a budget"Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!

3) Broadway.Com is taking questions from fans for Rachel Bloom for an upcoming interview and article.

4) 9:00pm tonight on CW network, now  WATCH!!

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#117Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 11/2/16 at 11:42am

Hi Kids! You won't believe the great "homage" to Marilyn Monroe and "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" that Rachel Bloom and company have put together for this week's show. This is an article from the LA Times that includes two videos, one is a 2 minute "making of" with the composers and orchestrators, the 2nd one is the song. It's about 3 1/2 minutes. They've done a great job recreating the set but this time everything is blue instead of red. "Rebecca" sings about being in her "Love Triangle" in a stunning azure/palatinate satin blue gown like MM. They are really going all out with the music this year...and in the right show, Rachel Bloom could hit the Broadway stage and I think she'd be a "MM Smash!".

Here are the videos and article.

https://t.co/Kjqwcy2bRC

Yay, Oh Yay! And thank God! They use a real orchestra!

Updated On: 11/2/16 at 11:42 AM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#118Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 11/2/16 at 4:22pm

This past weekend viewers went from 500,000 to 480,000. Not good at all. Unfortunently, there is probably no way it'll see a third season.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#119Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 11/4/16 at 9:22am

Hey baby, I think CW knows it's a niche show but it seems like they are throwing some more money toward CEG this year. (and Friday night had a World Series game also) I didn't see them but RB was on Dandy Cohen, and Kelly Ripa and a few others this week. She was even at 54 Below. I would hope that iTunes and music downloads, a Netflix following and being shown in 40 other countries is enough for CW to make a profit. Plus it's winning awards for CW. They just got another Dance/Choreographers/Achievement Award for the show and choreographer.

In addition to PR they are spending money on the music videos this year too. Tonight's show has the Marilyn Monroe song with a dozen chorus boys!

(and check out her All Star Funny or Die song on Trump; it is WTF hilarious).

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#120Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 11/4/16 at 6:36pm

I was lucky to attend the 54 Below event last night, and I really hope this show can stick around for many more years. Rachel Bloom is such a joy to watch, both on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and live. She sang a few songs, showed some music video clips and did commentary, and bantered/Q&A with Seth Rudetsky and Adam Schlesinger (one of the main music writers). We also got some on set gossip and previewed a song from tonight's episode. They gave out sheet music for season 1, which was a fun gift. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#121Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 12/10/16 at 5:03am

anyone still watching? i caught up on the last few episodes last night and thought they were great. Valencia and Rebecca as friends is kind of fantastic tbh. ratings have been not-so-good and i've heard it's a shortened season but i hope it gets brought back. i was however sad to learn that Santino Fontana has left the show permanently, especially since he kind of seemed like he would be Rebecca's "endgame." Looking forward to more of season 2!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#122Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 12/19/16 at 4:35am

Yes still watching, I've been through some $hit and haven't posted for a while) CEG is having a great 2nd season.

The Hollywood Reporter just named it the Best Show on TV 2016.

Award nominations are stacking up again, People's Choice and several others. Great attention and feedback on how Paula's abortion storyline was handled.

Ratings are up; so it continues to help make CW shine. I'm ready for season 3 renewal      

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#123Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 12/19/16 at 1:01pm

The ratings are dismal. You're deluding yourself.

As much as I love this show, I highly doubt there will be a season 3.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#124Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update Tonight!!!
Posted: 12/20/16 at 4:14am

hm to be honest CW frequently gives shows more seasons than their ratings would suggest on literally any other network; i could see them giving it another season.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."