pixeltracker

Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda- Page 2

Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda

FindingNamo
#25Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:30am

Exactly!  Sounds great.  (We've just encouraged each other, so make sure you get the merit badge for that!)

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:46am

I'm not a novelist- rather, I'm a playwright- and I self-imposed an assignment in May to write one new first draft of a play a month through the end of the year. I've got five down.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FindingNamo
#27Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:50am

The National Novel Writing Month people used to do "Script Frenzy" every April, but they stopped for some reason.  I've tried NaNoWriMo a few times in the past but never completed.  This year looks better but I don't want to jinx it.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#28Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:53am

I just finished writing my book. It's with the reader right now.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#29Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:53am

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Updated On: 11/24/15 at 10:53 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#30Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:56am

That's great Kad!

I don't actually get badges Namo because NaNoWriMo is really for novelists. But I participate on my own and try to adhere to the weekly challenges.

....but the world goes 'round

brdlwyr
#31Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 11:25am

In my practice I write every day. Mostly reports but often post hearing motions and briefs. It is easy to put those tasks aside.  My mantra for decades has been "tell the story" and start dictating! (Lin-Manual was in diapers when I started). One must always edit. Facts first and legal argument second. 

FindingNamo
#32Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 11:53am

There was a day earlier this month when I was falling behind, the daily target if you're aiming for 50000 words in the month of November is a little shy of 1700 words.  I was tired and feeling like I was going to fall off the treadmill so I dictated a couple of sections into my phone.  I had to make corrections and re-write to make what the phone heard into something closer to what I had said.  It was a good leg up, but I wondered if I was cheating.

I tried again the next day and the phone just didn't get any of it right!  So that was my phone telling me to leave it out of this process.  But you're right, brdlwyr, telling stories well is what it's all about.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#33Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 12:17pm

It doesn't exactly scan, but someone should write a "Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda" lyric to the tune of Roger Edens's "Dear Mr. Gable," which Judy sang in Broadway Melody of 1938:

Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda,

I am Tweeting this to you,

And I hope you will re-Tweet it so you'll know

My Facebook friends may titter

When I Instagram and Twitter 

Every time I stand on line to see your show...

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#34Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:22pm

Namo, what you're doing is really awesome! Keep going.  Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda

FindingNamo
#35Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:31pm

Thanks!  You deserve an encouragement merit badge.

And PJ should keep going with the Judy number.  (Believe it or not, this isn't the first time I have said that sentence.)

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#36Dear Lin-Manuel Miranda
Posted: 11/25/15 at 2:06am

Having listened to Miranda's work several times I am astounded by what he has accomplished. Using him as an example or inspiration in any way seems perfectly reasonable to me.