pixeltracker

The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates- Page 2

The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates

ClaudeBukowski Profile Photo
ClaudeBukowski
#25The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:10pm

Kad said: "AfterEight was telling Helen Hayes to get off his lawn when she was a girl. "

This may be my favorite response on BWW thus far The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates

OMG2
#26The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:28pm

JANE is an absolute trip. She was terrific in Fish in the Dark. Also Coraline. Could be incorrect about that last one. I wanted to see Humans before Broadway debut. 

After Eight
#27The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/27/15 at 4:31am

"I assume transferring The Humans isn't about making money but bringing it to a wider audience"

No profits are being sought, no awards coveted?

How generous!

c0113g3b0y
#28The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/27/15 at 5:16am

After Eight said: ""I assume transferring The Humans isn't about making money but bringing it to a wider audience"

No profits are being sought, no awards coveted?

How generous!

"

Just drop dead already

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

After Eight
#29The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/27/15 at 7:48am

^

Sorry, but I've got a lot of living to do.

In the meantime, you and your fellow cruds can use the ignore feature. Though I realize that option is probably far too complex for you.

College boy, indeed!

FindingNamo
#30The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/27/15 at 12:00pm

You should post photos of the ticket stubs from all of these shows you've never seen but comment and comment and comment upon.  It would add to the realism.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

undercoveractor Profile Photo
undercoveractor
#31The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/27/15 at 3:52pm

He truly is the Donald Trump of theater. Just gross....but I almost look forward to his posts. Entitled, self-important, ego maniacs are just great entertainment. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#32The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/28/15 at 12:54am

Clyde, that's what I'm saying. It doesn't have any of the things that make those shows a draw. It's just a pretty standard family drama play that is very well done. No directorial flares, no crazy set moves, no big dramatic scenes. It's just a solid play. So, we'll see how that goes.

PJPan
#33The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 11/30/15 at 9:38am

RippedMan said: "Clyde, that's what I'm saying. It doesn't have any of the things that make those shows a draw. It's just a pretty standard family drama play that is very well done. No directorial flares, no crazy set moves, no big dramatic scenes. It's just a solid play. So, we'll see how that goes."

This is one of my frustrations with the state of a lot of theater these days - a play has a difficult time being "a solid play." I hate the idea that it has to be crazy and in-your-face and entirely game-changing instead of just being well-written and solidly performed.

Sam2
#34The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates
Posted: 1/2/16 at 9:21pm

This is probably not the right place to ask, but I decided that it was a bit unnecessary to open an entire new thread for it. So, I wanted to see the last performance of The Humans (Off Broadway) tomorrow. Does anyone have an idea if there will be rush available for that particular show and at what time I should go to the theatre to make sure I get in?