pixeltracker

Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread - Page 4

Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread

UnwoundFantasies
#75Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 8:56pm

Has anyone found full performances online yet?

KathyNYC2
#76Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 9:08pm

Auggie27 said: "Hasn't the "Believe" number been so overexposed it looks like what it was today: a synergistic attachment to the already oversold Macy's?  The pan up to that Believe! over the store was a new low.

I am not sure what the problem is here. Yes Believe is the number they do most often (and it would be nice to do something else at times) but if they were going do it anywhere, they would do it here. Believe is the word that Macy's uses each Christmas to honor the "I believe" from Miracle on 34th Street.  Why wouldn't they link them together? Why is that a low? Is this criticizing Macy's or FN or both

"

Updated On: 11/27/15 at 09:08 PM

FindingNamo
#77Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:00pm

School of Rock performed a non-Lord Webber number from the film.  Smart idea.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sam2
#78Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/27/15 at 12:16am

YouTube wouldn't help me out, so I was just wondering if there will be a possibility to rewatch the performances anytime soon?

broadwaysfguy
#79Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/27/15 at 11:37am

i thought it was all very tragic and have a really hard time watching lip synch performances

It was fun to see the fiddler and wiz costumes and dancing and i look forward to both!

Agree with earlier poster who suggested they do like channel five and move the performances inside and actually perform, the beautiful and jersey boys performances on five were fun

I have a lip synching question for the industry insiders or folks who have attended the parade

Are the performers actually singing during the lip synch and just arent miked, or are they pretending to sing?

AEA AGMA SM
#80Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/27/15 at 12:09pm

I don't know about on the Parade, but many actors in movie musicals will tell you that even when filming to their pre-recorded tracks they are still often singing on set in order to make sure it does look natural in regards to their mouth movement/shape (you won't necessarily make the same movements with your lips and tongue if you are not actually speaking, which can then tip the viewers that something is off, even if they can't quite identify what that something is).

theatreguy12
#81Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 3:45am

Fiddler on the Roof looks great.  The choreography is superb.  Definitely seeing this one.

Finding Neverland.  Already seen it.  Really good performance of a commonly performed number though.

Something Rotten.  Seen it.  They, too, did a great job at the parade too.   Totally crisp.

The King and I.  Looked like standard fare for that number but still really want to see Kelli to see what all the buzz is about.  And how she made it special and unique enough to beat out Chenoweth.   Hopefully she's still in it when I get to NY.

On Your Feet.   Pass.   I'd prefer going to an Estefan/MSM concert and hear the real deal.  Love her/their music, but just not interested enough in seeing the story I've already heard told about their life.   Indeed, an amazing comeback after her horrible accident, but other than that, just not intrigued by the musicalization of their life on stage.  

#82Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 3:55am

theatreguy12 said: "Fiddler on the Roof looks great.  The choreography is superb.  Definitely seeing this one.

Why does Fiddlers look like a bad amateur edition then. 

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#83Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 4:14am

theaterguy12 said:  "I'd prefer going to an Estefan/MSM concert and hear the real deal."

Not sure if this makes any difference to you, but the actual MSM band members are playing themselves in the onstage band, so the Broadway show is also an MSM concert, but with Ana singing rather than Gloria.  Ana sounds lovely.  Josh's voice was very scratchy when i saw it - i don't know if he was very ill or if it is naturally like that, but it was unpleasant to hear.

theatreguy12
#84Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 10:13am

That's your opinion.

How about saying you disagree and providing specifics?

I know snarky is in, but it doesn't advance discussion.

RyanScholls said: "theatreguy12 said: "Fiddler on the Roof looks great.  The choreography is superb.  Definitely seeing this one.

Why does Fiddlers look like a bad amateur edition then. 

"

theatreguy12
#85Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 10:17am

Thanks for sharing, adam.  I did not know that.  I'll definitely stick to the concert then.  May as well.  Might be missing something good, but there are so many great things to see on Broadway right now.

I agree though, she has a great voice.  Him, not as impressed.

adam.peterson44 said: "theaterguy12 said:  "I'd prefer going to an Estefan/MSM concert and hear the real deal."

Not sure if this makes any difference to you, but the actual MSM band members are playing themselves in the onstage band, so the Broadway show is also an MSM concert, but with Ana singing rather than Gloria.  Ana sounds lovely.  Josh's voice was very scratchy when i saw it - i don't know if he was very ill or if it is naturally like that, but it was unpleasant to hear.

"

kadu335 Profile Photo
kadu335
#86Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 1:41pm

For people looking for the performances online:

ON YOUR FEET!: https://youtu.be/KTRQreBXs7E

FINDING NEVERLAND: https://youtu.be/OlM3JBRh79Q

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF: https://youtu.be/7nxKMmoJw3I

SOMETHING ROTTEN!: https://youtu.be/n-KPsAv7wlY

THE KING AND I: https://youtu.be/K0RK8haaDSc

THE WIZ LIVE!: https://youtu.be/ebsfygcOegk

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#87Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 5:08pm

Have to say I enjoyed On Your Feet's performance , it was hugely energetic, a perfect one to open. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#88Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 5:33pm

Kadu335, thank you for posting the links!  I hadn't seen the performances and enjoyed viewing them very much!

kadu335 Profile Photo
kadu335
#89Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/28/15 at 8:44pm

adam.peterson44 said: "Kadu335, thank you for posting the links!  I hadn't seen the performances and enjoyed viewing them very much!"

You're welcome! =D

songanddanceman2 said: "Have to say I enjoyed On Your Feet's performance , it was hugely energetic, a perfect one to open. "

Just re-watched the performances and I agree, it was actually pretty fun!

This cast has so much energy! The perfect combination to Gloria's music.

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.