Andy Mientus Tweets

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#75Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:08am

And let's not leave Gen X out.

They have no ambition always complain about not having as much as their parents did.

Let's just say all generations suck.

....but the world goes 'round

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#76Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:09am

Everyone is terrible!

Especially Andy Mientus.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#77Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:10am

Bingo!

Thread closed.

....but the world goes 'round

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#78Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:18am

And let's not leave Gen X out.

Why not?  Everyone else does.  

Bah dum bum

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#79Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:48am

Mientus is a pretentious creep. He's a tool on social media and he can barely even act on stage. He has this air of "I'm so important" that is nauseating. He should take a hint from his pal Jeremy Jordan and get the hell off social media for a while. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#80Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:49am

I kind of hope this was for us? Just posted this morning...

Andy Mientus Tweets

Updated On: 12/2/15 at 10:49 AM

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#81Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:53am

^ This is what I'm talking about. What broadway actor posts this stuff? I see 18 year old girls posting that crap. The kid needs to grow up.

c0113g3b0y
#82Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:58am

can't wait for him to post Bye Bitch gifs and Bye Felicia gifs. lol

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#83Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:00am

Some of you heifers are really projecting on this man.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#84Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:02am

I have this weird habit on social media where if I like someone and enjoy what they do, I follow them. And if I don't like someone and am not a fan of them, I don't. And rarely ever check in on the people I don't follow. 

Am I doing it wrong?!

Liza's Headband
#85Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:02am

Or you're projecting onto the posters who you think are projecting onto Andy... 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#86Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:04am

Nah, I was talking about pretentious creeps calling other people pretentious creeps. 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#87Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:05am

I don't follow Andy on Twitter. But after seeing this thread, I scanned through his twitter page and I sure as hell am glad I don't follow him. He's an absolute buffoon. 

Liza's Headband
#88Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:05am

Fair enough. But are pretentious creeps disqualified from labeling others as pretentious creeps? If anything, they know very well from experience... 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#89Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:07am

Buffoons be buffoonin' 

Pootie2
#90Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:12am

Hamilton22 said: "^ This is what I'm talking about. What broadway actor posts this stuff? I see 18 year old girls posting that crap. The kid needs to grow up."

This from the kid who openly bragged about "second-acting" by putting the number of times he snuck into a theater without paying in the subject line of a now-deleted (but saved in several places) thread.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#91Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:49am

To me, Andy Mientus is a classic example of a former musical fanboy (I believe he used to be a Renthead) who enjoyed seeing shows multiple times, stagedooring, and bootlegging shows, just like some of the rest of us.

But once he became "famous" he has become the polar opposite and looks down on his "fans", goes off on bootlegging rampages, and thinks he's better than all of the people he used to be before he was cast in the Spring Awakening tour.

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#92Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:57am

Once he learned how the business works, with the often tiny margins and lost revenue, he had a different view of piracy?

Is that really a product of acquired fame or acquired knowledge between two points in time?

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#93Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:59am

"This from the kid who openly bragged about "second-acting" by putting the number of times he snuck into a theater without paying in the subject line of a now-deleted (but saved in several places) thread."

Is that supposed to be a threat? The theater police aren't going to come after me, I think you can unclutch your pearls.

Updated On: 12/2/15 at 11:59 AM

c0113g3b0y
#94Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:06pm

haterobics said: "Once he learned how the business works, with the often tiny margins and lost revenue, he had a different view of piracy?

Is that really a product of acquired fame or acquired knowledge between two points in time?

"

he could have also just STFU? lol. it's not thhhhhhhhhhhhhhat hard

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#95Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:00pm

haterobics said: "Once he learned how the business works, with the often tiny margins and lost revenue, he had a different view of piracy?Is that really a product of acquired fame or acquired knowledge between two points in time? "

IF That were the case I would be more understanding, but if that were the case, why A. Brag about how into bootlegs you used to be, why promote it? and B. Why not actually say that. If he gave a reason like that when people called him out on his hypocrisy, and actually educated from the fan turned performer perspective, and admit that when he was younger he was wrong and he knows that now, I'd respect him more, but instead, the only answer I've seen him give was that he didn't record it so he wasn't wrong to listen to it. 

hork Profile Photo
hork
#96Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:15pm

CindersGolightly said: "Oye. I understand what the majority of posters here think he was saying, but his known persona of self-importance and pretentiousness begs to differ. I don't think he meant what you all are trying to defend. I think he meant "My musical is truly important. More so than yours! #blessed".

I think he meant exactly what he said, word for word. That he doesn't often come across a musical that is truly (artistically, culturally, historically, whatever) important, but this one that he happens to be appearing in is such a musical. It's not like he wrote or directed the damn thing, or is taking credit for its importance.

I think we need more insightful analyses of this one random tweet by this one random actor, because it's clearly very important and there are so many nuances and complexities we haven't explored.

Updated On: 12/2/15 at 11:15 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#97Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 1:25am

What did Jeremy Jordan do? DISH! 

c0113g3b0y
#98Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 3:03am

RippedMan said: "What did Jeremy Jordan do? DISH! 

"

*takes popcorn out of microwave*

doodles3 Profile Photo
doodles3
#99Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 4:19am

When I stage doored in LA, he was the least-pleasant out of everyone who came out. Acted like a major star who didn't have as much time for the "little people" as others.