Scammed

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 5:12am

Be the bigger person?  This person STOLE from the OP.  Are you really suggesting that's ok And the OP should just forget about it? 

And no, I don't think this is mail fraud...nothing was done through the mail.  Just saying something was mailed isn't a crime, just a lie. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#26Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 6:09am

Wow, that's really awful.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I would definitely investigate options for getting your money back though.

....but the world goes 'round

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#27Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 7:48am

I just bought tickets for Lazarus and paid the seller via PayPal. I also received confirmation from the BO that the tickets have been transferred to me. However, if there was an issue, would I be covered by PayPal?

Tandrews
#28Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 8:45am

steven22 said: "I just bought tickets for Lazarus and paid the seller via PayPal. I also received confirmation from the BO that the tickets have been transferred to me. However, if there was an issue, would I be covered by PayPal?

"

Yes, you would be covered by PayPal. Always conduct "sales" through PayPal or Ticketmaster. Even StubHub has decent policies for buyers under most circumstances. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#29Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 8:58am

Cant wait to hear annmiller tap her way out of this one.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#30Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:46am

I doubt we'll ever see him again Huss.

At least not as that screen name.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#31Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:49am

Shocking. You mean people change their screen names on here tazber?: )

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Liza's Headband
#32Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:58am

In case any of you live in Philly.... Here's the creep (in the middle): 

DSC00519

Give him a good spanking if you see him. 

Updated On: 12/2/15 at 09:58 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#33Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:10am

I wonder if he like the show.

The least he could have done is report back with a review.

Ingrate.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#34Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 10:57am

This sort of disproves Roxy's theory that the young POC who the show is meant for aren't even able to see it, no?

Pootie2
#35Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:18am

OP should probably put the "if you're dealing with someone in Pennsylvania" part in the subject line or something. Knowing the forum handle is pointless, though, since it's extremely easy to create another handle.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#36Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 11:24am

Damn this truly sucks. I hope you decide to take some sort of action.

Pauly3
#37Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 8:35pm

To those saying don't pursue small claims court or retaliation, why not?

This is a civil case involving breach of contract and likely isn't a criminal case, so police probably won't do anything.  Suing in small claims court is typically not very difficult, and you can recoup all your costs, including court fees, having the defendant served and any costs involved in collecting on any judgement (e.g., garnishing wages).  Some courts will attempt to serve the papers for you - possibly with a low fee.  Just the satisfaction of knowing a uniformed officer of the court will be knocking on this guy's door is some sort of satisfaction.

Small claims court is not very expensive either.  Even if unsuccessful in collecting after a judgement is awarded, getting the judgment may be worth the expense and trouble (to some).  To ensure your case is understood, write an outline with only pertinent data showing specific dates and what you and he did on each date.  Place this on top of your supporting documentation.  Also send the guy another email, or even better a registered letter, asking for payment.  Let him know if he fails to comply by a certain date, you will be filing the paperwork in small claims court the next day - and that you will track down every avenue possible to collect after you are awarded a judgment by the court - and that includes contacting his current employer and future employers if needed.  If your end of the story is accurate and supported by your email communications, and you relay that info briefly and accurately in your outline, you will win easily - and the defendant will likely do all the talking in the court hearing (if he bothers to show up).

TeddyBear
#38Scammed
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:01pm

I am heartbroken with this news. Personally I would  donate to this worthy cause.