pixeltracker

Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?- Page 2

Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#25Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 2/5/16 at 5:01pm

I purchased the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack of "Grease" on vinyl recently. I found it at the Barnes and Noble on Union Square. Their vinyl section is growing. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#26Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 2/5/16 at 7:20pm

Razor & Tie is the distributor for Ghostlight, who have been at the forefront of modern Cast Album vinyl releases (ever since they issued DROWSY CHAPERONE in 2006).

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 2/26/16 at 2:27pm

Track list is up. It looks like they didn't record Tevye's second monologue but everything else seems to be accounted for. I don't really understand the point of recording the score yet again if it's not going to include as much or more music than the last recording did but this does have the cast and bonus tracks going for it I guess?

1. Tradition

2. Matchmaker

3. If I Were a Rich Man

4. Sabbath Prayer

5. To Life

6. Tevye's Monologue

7. Miracle of Miracles

8. Tevye's Dream

9. Wedding Procession

10. Sunrise, Sunset

11. Wedding Dance

12. Now I Have Everything

13. Do You Love Me?

14. The Rumor

15. Far from the Home I Love  

16. Chavaleh/Tevye's Denial

17. Anatevka

18. The Departure

19. Bonus Track: Excerpts from "Fiddler on the Roof" - Variations and Cadenza By John Williams Featuring Itzhak Perlman

20. Bonus Track: Dear Sweet Sewing Machine

dwwst12 Profile Photo
dwwst12
#28Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/5/16 at 9:55pm

No sign of it yet on iTunes or any mention of a digital option on Amazon.  Anyone know anything about that? 

CATSNYrevival
#29Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/10/16 at 2:35pm

Broadway Records tweeted that the CD is available at the theatre beginning today.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#30Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/10/16 at 2:49pm

I'm glad to hear it's being released according to schedule! I've pre-ordered from Amazon, and I'm looking forward to listening to it next week.

CATSNYrevival
#31Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/10/16 at 3:43pm

If I lived in New York I'd stop by and pick it up to get it a week early but I'll have to wait for the digital download. I hate waiting.

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#32Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/11/16 at 9:40pm

Do you guys know if it's going to be on Spotify?

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#33Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/12/16 at 12:10am

firebolts said: "Do you guys know if it's going to be on Spotify?"

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Broadway Records is one of the labels that withholds their albums from Spotify. However, Amazon usually has their cast recordings in MP3 format for $8.99, which is typically much more reasonable than what they're sold at on iTunes. 

CATSNYrevival
#34Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/18/16 at 1:20am

I'm really torn with this new recording. I like the cast, I like that they included "The Rumor" and the tempos seem a little faster and more exciting but the last revival, which remains the only production of Fiddler that I've ever actually seen, recorded more music and dialogue so it's a more complete recording than this one is. This is missing Tevye's second monologue and a bit of dialogue that the last recording included. I don't understand the point of going into the studio to record this score again and recording less than what we got last time. I enjoy "Dear Sweet Sewing Machine" but I would have much rather heard the "Entr'acte" or the actual act one finale or something more that wasn't included on the last recording. In spite of this cast I think I'll still favor that one over this. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#35Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/18/16 at 1:33pm

My copy won't be arriving until Monday, but I took a listen to some of the song samples on iTunes and I enjoyed them. I was surprised by how much lighter Jessica Hecht's accent is on the recording compared to when I saw her, but I definitely think it was a smart choice.

Updated On: 3/18/16 at 01:33 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#36Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/18/16 at 3:24pm

Wow, I'm really rather mixed on this recording. There are beautiful, gorgeous spots that fill me up with joy and glee, and then other spots that somewhat disappoint me. Mixed bag, in my opinion, but I'm glad to have the album with this cast in my iTunes at last nonetheless!

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#37Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/19/16 at 12:13am

I'm not sure how I feel about this recording. I still prefer the 2004 recording. But, boy, do I love Melanie Moore in this. I hope that she is in more musicals---lovely voice, talented, and gorgeous. :)

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 3/19/16 at 12:13 AM

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#38Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/19/16 at 2:52am

Does anyone know why they changed the artwork from one that included Danny to one that is just the title treatment?Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?

Without Danny on the cover, it looks more like a knockoff "karaoke" CD recording than a Broadway cast recording.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

CATSNYrevival
#39Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/19/16 at 1:03pm

I'm also not a fan of the revised cover without Danny. I can't imagine why they did that. I switched it out on my iTunes playlist.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#40Any word on the new Fiddler being recorded?
Posted: 3/19/16 at 1:51pm

Did anybody from BWW go to the Barnes and Noble event yesterday? I was there and it was really well done. They performed three songs - "Now I Have Everything", "Miracle of Miracles", and "Matchmaker" - and I'd say about 10 to 12 of the cast members were there to sign the CD along with Sheldon Harnick. Danny was there, too, of course, but did not perform because he was on vocal rest; he wasn't speaking at all during the signing, but he showed much excitement and gratitude through gestures. I'm so grateful Barnes and Noble continues to do these Broadway cast recording launch events, it sounds like a tremendous amount of work to get all of those people in a room together, especially when they have the composer come along, too, but it's well worth their efforts.