pixeltracker

Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?- Page 2

Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#25Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?
Posted: 2/8/16 at 5:54pm

All evening performances start at 7pm. Roundabout is expecting it to be well over 3 hours.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#26Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?
Posted: 2/8/16 at 8:50pm

Saw LDJIN the last time around with Vanessa Redgrave. It was well over 3 hours long...and amazing. I'd bank on Jessica Lange to be fantastic in this. 

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#27Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?
Posted: 2/8/16 at 10:33pm

Considering Lange has already played the role before, she had better be good...

LarryD2
#28Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?
Posted: 2/9/16 at 7:42am

Tom5 said: "As I recall they were mixed to good. Check out the full NY Daily News review which is still retrievable for the earlier production.

"

You recall incorrectly. Through a simple google I located four reviews: NY Times (flat-out rave), NY Post (flat-out rave), Time Out NY (flat-out rave), and NY Daily News (not a rave, but certainly not mixed; positive). That is not "mixed to good".

C4b2a3b
#29Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?
Posted: 3/2/16 at 6:57pm

I'm also trying to decide between these two shows for the first week of May. I was hoping to get center orchestra seats for LDJ with HipTix Gold, but do y'all think the cast's names are selling tickets already? Does Roundabout release tickets for the rest of us to buy later (like the VIP tickets)?

Maybe I should just go see Eclipsed instead?

Updated On: 3/2/16 at 06:57 PM

@z5
#30Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?
Posted: 3/2/16 at 7:12pm

Blackbird was awesome

jbird5
#31Long Day's Journey into Night vs Blackbird?
Posted: 3/2/16 at 7:28pm

Blackbird doesn't appear to be selling very well so it should be easy to get a great seat at a discount.