Blackbird Rush

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#25Blackbird Rush
Posted: 3/15/16 at 4:53pm

I got to the box office the day before opening around 6:30 and asked for a rush ticket. He said they were out, but he had $39 tickets available in the balcony, so I did that. Between the proscenium and the railing, I could only see a sliver of the stage, but luckily, that sliver is where all the action happened. There was only one moment when they were on the floor that everyone in the balcony had to lean forward to see.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#26Blackbird Rush
Posted: 3/15/16 at 4:58pm

What row of the balcony were you in? I'm in row A and wondering how bad the view would be.

"In memory, everything happens to music"

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#27Blackbird Rush
Posted: 3/15/16 at 5:54pm

I think I was row D? It was the last row of the center section, which was actually good because I could lean way forward without worrying about blocking anyone's view.

You should be okay in row A, although I'm not sure exactly how high the railing is for you.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#28Blackbird Rush
Posted: 3/15/16 at 7:21pm

I'm 6'8" so I should be okay..

"In memory, everything happens to music"

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#29Blackbird Rush
Posted: 3/18/16 at 11:31am

Bekelly913 said: "I showed up around 5:30pm/6pm on Saturday afternoon to try and score a rush ticket and they had two left in the left box so we got a whole box to ourselves and could see everything! I'm sure we could have gotten front row seats if we had gone in the morning but for no wait at all and only $32 the box was amazing! Did not miss a thing."

Does anyone know if the front row is saved for rush tickets? From the messages, it sounds like they might be but I want to check before going!

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#30Blackbird Rush
Posted: 3/20/16 at 9:06am

Arrived at 10:20 yesterday (Saturday) and got 2 rush for the evening. The box office had only a single ticket for the matinee at that time. Seats were 4th row, all the way house right. Excellent seats for the price: didn't miss any action, and while there were a couple minutes here and there that a set piece would block my view of an actor's face, they move around quite a bit, and it was great being able to see facial expressions that close.

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#31Blackbird Rush
Posted: 3/28/16 at 10:52pm

Just an update. Got to the box office tonight (Monday, 3/2Blackbird Rush at 6:15 pm asking about rush for the 8 pm show and was given two tickets, second to last row dead center orchestra.

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#32Blackbird Rush
Posted: 3/28/16 at 11:04pm

Got to the theater at around 6:15pm as well and was able to buy a $32 rush ticket second to last row in the orchestra as well. What a great view it was, I was glad to be catch it last minute. The orchestra looked sold out (save ~5 seats in the rear orchestra), did not get to look at the mezzanine.

ArtMan
#33Blackbird Rush
Posted: 4/13/16 at 1:12pm

From what I read in the last two posts, rush is not just the front row.  I will be arriving at JFK mid May (Wednesday) approximately 8:15 am.  By the time I take the subway in and get to the theater it will be about 9:30.  I am looking for the evening performance.   What is the opinion of getting the front row arriving so late?  And if I can't get those, rush for back of orchestra or at the worse the $39 balcony?   Grosses have been 70% or even less.  But I don't know what impact Tony nominations may be for sales.

10086sunset
#34Blackbird Rush
Posted: 4/13/16 at 1:17pm

I think you'll have a good shot. 

Worst case scenario, if you don't get front row, you will still likely be able to purchase a good seat. 

petewk87
#35Blackbird Rush
Posted: 4/13/16 at 1:21pm

Since there are two shows on Wed, you may have a decent shot getting front row seats for the less popular performance time. Side orchestra is not that bad, and they usually give you somewhere in the middle rows, not the rear ones (I know people who have gotten rows H and K for rush seats)

ArtMan
#36Blackbird Rush
Posted: 4/13/16 at 1:42pm

Thanks for the responses.

Alex10
#37Blackbird Rush
Posted: 4/13/16 at 7:19pm

I got there just before 9:30 for a Friday night show in March and got tickets just fine.