#1Disaster Reviews
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:01am

since it opens tonight post the reviews here

Updated On: 3/8/16 at 11:01 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#2Disaster Reviews
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:20am

I'm predicting that the reviews will be disastrous.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#3Disaster Reviews
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:22am

Perhaps Rudetsky plans to market it as the new Moose Murders ("Now your group can do Broadway's BIGGEST flop!!"Disaster Reviews.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#4Disaster Reviews
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:27am

This is actually the sort of kitsch that Isherwood usually fawns over.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#5Disaster Reviews
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:32am

How much will tickets for after the reviews come out? I see a bright future for line sitters for this one

Poster Emeritus

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#6Disaster Reviews
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:52am

This is the kind of irreverent fluff that thrives off Broadway. Off Broadway, it may have worked. I didn't see it there.  On Broadway, it was appallingly bad. Since Isherwood loved this off Broadway, it will be interesting to see if he sticks to his guns or changes his mind. This puts a reviewer in an odd position.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#7Disaster Reviews
Posted: 3/8/16 at 12:07pm

I went back and read Isherwood's Off Broadway review, expecting a rave but it's actually pretty tempered. More along the lines of admittedly having fun despite the show having no real restraint. It will be interesting to see what he says about the Broadway production. When he wrote his last review I'm sure he would have been surprised to learn he'd be back to see it at the Nederlander...

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#8Disaster Reviews
Posted: 3/8/16 at 5:36pm

I'm interested, truly. I know everyone is expecting every review to be bad, but I feel like they will be mixed at worst. Of course, we'll see.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Videos