Posted: 3/13/16 at 4:47pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Jennifer Hudson

"

lol yea i did get a bit emotional

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#26Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/13/16 at 4:55pm

Ha, it's cool. This happens to everyone :)

BdwayLife
#27Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/13/16 at 5:23pm

Just curious, BrodyFosse123,  have you seen Jennifer in TCP? 

Updated On: 3/13/16 at 05:23 PM

smidge
#28Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/13/16 at 5:29pm

ACL2006 said: "It's believed that Hudson only signed a 6 month contract. I would have to imagine that the producers are trying hard to get her to extend, at least through the Tony Awards.

Now I'm getting nervous that she won't be performing at the end of May when I'm going. I hope she stays until the Tony Awards.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#29Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/14/16 at 4:16am

Just curious, BrodyFosse123,  have you seen Jennifer in TCP? 

So?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#30Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/14/16 at 9:23am

Honestly, I'm waiting to buy my tickets until they announce a concrete departure date for her and/or Erivo, so I have a tangible deadline. Ain't no way I'm missing these ladies. 

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#31Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/14/16 at 9:43am

If you're looking for THE show to see on Broadway right now (other than Hamilton) I would highly recommend that you get out and see this production. The cast is incredibly strong and talented. J-Hud was absolutely stellar. Her Push Da Button is out of this world, the entire theater was going nuts by the end of it, I haven't seen a production where the audience got on their feet to applaud, mid way through the show, since I saw Patti in Gypsy the day after the Tonys. 

You would never guess this is Jennifer's Broadway debut. Her, Danielle Brooks, and Cynthia Erivo have chemistry like you wouldn't believe! 

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#32Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/14/16 at 9:43am

Woops, sorry..double post!

Updated On: 3/14/16 at 09:43 AM

BdwayLife
#33Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/14/16 at 3:48pm

Glory said: "If you're looking for THE show to see on Broadway right now (other than Hamilton) I would highly recommend that you get out and see this production. The cast is incredibly strong and talented. J-Hud was absolutely stellar. Her Push Da Button is out of this world, the entire theater was going nuts by the end of it, I haven't seen a production where the audience got on their feet to applaud, mid way through the show, since I saw Patti in Gypsy the day after the Tonys. 

You would never guess this is Jennifer's Broadway debut. Her, Danielle Brooks, and Cynthia Erivo have chemistry like you wouldn't believe! 

"I completely agree with you, Glory.

I have NEVER seen a show on Broadway, where the entire audience was so ON FIRE. Hearing shout-outs like, "You better WEERRKK!" gave me life!  I take it from your post that folks did a standing O for "Push Da Button"? The audience didn't do that this past Thursday night, but, I sure wanted to. The applause though, was thunderous, and I'm sure, could be heard outside the theatre.  The audience did do a standing O, for Eviro's "I'm Here". 

Yes, amazing chemistry between the girls, and I too would have thought that Jennifer had been performing on stage for years.

The Color Purple was the BEST show I've ever scene on Broadway--took me 12 hours to drive and take the train to NYC to see it, and I'd do it all over again this weekend, if I could. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#34Jennifer Hudson
Posted: 3/14/16 at 4:56pm

I really enjoyed Ms. Hudson's performance. I saw the show in previews and I've heard she has only improved. I'm also impressed with her commitment to attendance - I certainly understand that it is "easier" to do so when you are in a supporting role but I'm sure there have been days when her voice wasn't 100% or she wasn't feeling well. Kudos to her for setting that goal and achieving it thus far.

Does anyone know if she is still coming out to sign at the stage door? My window card that's missing her signature and I'd love to complete it. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Videos