pixeltracker

Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway- Page 3

Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#50Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 7:52pm

itis2l84u said: "So they're looking for adults to play the children except Charlie. This doesn't seem like a good idea...

"

Tell me this is a joke. This show will flop if they go down this route

toofunktastic2
#51Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 7:55pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "itis2l84u said: "So they're looking for adults to play the children except Charlie. This doesn't seem like a good idea..."

What? According to where?
"

https://www.broadwayworld.com/equity-audition/CHARLIE-THE-CHOCOLATE-FACTORY-Developmental-Lab-Broadway-Theatre-TBA-2016-12675

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#52Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 7:59pm

BroadMagTech said: "I think its safe to say it is not going into the Lyric.

"

What makes you so positive? 

BroadMagTech
#53Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 8:03pm

The Lyric just seems to big. Although, the Theatre Royal Drury Lane has about 2200 seats and a stage depth to rival the Gershwin. I guess it's possible. 

Updated On: 3/22/16 at 08:03 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#54Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 8:03pm

It's a workshop and easier to have adults play the roles than have kids and all the rules/chaperones that come with that.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#55Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 8:31pm

toofunktastic2 said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "itis2l84u said: "So they're looking for adults to play the children except Charlie. This doesn't seem like a good idea..."

What? According to where?
"

https://www.broadwayworld.com/equity-audition/CHARLIE-THE-CHOCOLATE-FACTORY-Developmental-Lab-Broadway-Theatre-TBA-2016-12675

"

What?! Why on Earth do they think that's a good idea?

AEA AGMA SM
#56Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 9:31pm

Tag said: "It's a workshop and easier to have adults play the roles than have kids and all the rules/chaperones that come with that."

And to clarify, it's not even under the Workshop Agreement, it's under the Lab agreement, which means it will be easier to replace the adults who do all of the developmental work (one of the big sticking points amongst Equity members about the Labs is the lack of a right of first refusal clause).

itis2l84u Profile Photo
itis2l84u
#57Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 9:51pm

AEA AGMA SM said: "Tag said: "It's a workshop and easier to have adults play the roles than have kids and all the rules/chaperones that come with that."

And to clarify, it's not even under the Workshop Agreement, it's under the Lab agreement, which means it will be easier to replace the adults who do all of the developmental work (one of the big sticking points amongst Equity members about the Labs is the lack of a right of first refusal clause).

"

Why call for a kid Charlie then? They'll still need a chaperone and tutor for him. So it wouldn't make a difference having more kids too. It just seems strange to me. I hope they use kids in the real show but maybe they think since the other kid roles aren't huge they can get away with using young adults.

Updated On: 3/22/16 at 09:51 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#58Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 10:20pm

Huge difference. One kid (the main character) is completely different than a group of them (in minor parts). 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#59Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 10:25pm

Did they use kids for the reading/worship(I don't know what it was) they had in New York prior to the west end production?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

itis2l84u Profile Photo
itis2l84u
#60Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/22/16 at 11:07pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Huge difference. One kid (the main character) is completely different than a group of them (in minor parts). 

"

I understand the difference. All I was saying was if they already have to have a child guardian and tutor for one kid why not just use kids for the other kid roles. It's not like each child has their own tutor and guardian so it wouldn't cost significantly more.

alexbenson
#61Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/23/16 at 10:04am

Does this show feature all new music or any from the Gene Wilder classics? One of my favorite movie musicals ever. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#62Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/23/16 at 10:29am

There is way more at hand than just hiring a tutor 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#63Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/23/16 at 10:32am

Are you asking if the Broadway production will feature new music? Or did the show in the west end feature music not from the movie? To my understand the only song they kept from the movie in the west end production was pure imagination. It might change for the Broadway production, but since they are keeping the same writing team I can't imagine it will be entirely different.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement