pixeltracker

American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions

American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions

petewk87
#1American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/16/16 at 9:31am

From what I've read so far, Rush seats for this show are mainly side, partial view orchestra, is that correct? My impression was that you may miss a lot for this show in such seating area -- would that be a fair assessment? If you have had a good rush experience, do share! Also, how are box seats in this theater? I don't know what the pricing is like but that's only worth looking if the view from box seats are not too obstructed. Thanks so much for the responses -- I look forward to seeing this show!

nolanativeny
#2American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/16/16 at 10:03am

I would agree that partial side view seats for this show would be not great. You would miss some of the action on the sides but most of all the show really benefits from being seen from the center to get the full effect of the set, projection and lighting effects. Also the set makes good use of one-point perspective that I can't imagine would look the same from the side. 

Regarding the box seats, the band sits in most of the boxes. I can't say what the view would be like from them but I can imagine that the band could perhaps be distracting, especially the conductor conducting from his spot in a box house right. So if you were going to do a box I would suggest the box house left (I'm fairly sure only one box on each side is open for seating in this show). 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/16/16 at 10:50am

If you are tall, Dear God, avoid the rear mezzanine if you know what's good for ya.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

petewk87
#4American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/21/16 at 12:37am

I decided to go with rear mezz row J, dead center. Hope I made a right decision, as from what I've heard the theater is pretty small and being in the center helps with perspectives for this show.

miriam18
#5American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/22/16 at 12:52am

Hello I know there is a two ticket per person rule but I need three would anyone know how strongly enforced the two ticket rule is ? Please help thank you!!!!

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#6American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/23/16 at 3:30am

miriam18 said: "Hello I know there is a two ticket per person rule but I need three would anyone know how strongly enforced the two ticket rule is ? Please help thank you!!!!

In my experience, this rule has been STRICTLY enforced to make it fair for all patrons. Try finding someone in line who is only looking for a single ticket and ask them if they would mind getting two and you will compensate for the extra.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

miriam18
#7American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/23/16 at 5:03am

Thank you ! && yess it was enforced for sure ! 

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#8American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/24/16 at 9:09am

Anyone win the lottery recently? Where have the seats been??

onesongglory2 Profile Photo
onesongglory2
#9American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/24/16 at 7:35pm

Has anyone gotten seats through TDF? I'm curious where those are located.

@z5
#10American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/25/16 at 11:26am

Did TDF last night and was Center Mezz, row D. 

Really was a perfect seat for this show (and I usually hate sitting in the mezzanine)

MegInManhattan
#11American Psycho Rush and Seating Questions
Posted: 4/25/16 at 8:22pm

gstrus2 said: "Anyone win the lottery recently? Where have the seats been??

"

Lottery was Mez all the way to the side. Not obstructed, but try to get house left (they assign it when you arrive at the box office to pick up and pay)

Videos