pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16

After Eight
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/25/16 at 8:44pm

"Surprised Paramour is doing so well."

Well, I can't say it was good, but truth to tell, the acrobatics alone proved more entertaining than anything in Hamilton, Fun Home, Waitress, American Psycho...

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/25/16 at 11:30pm

I have to wonder if THE COLOR PURPLE'S Prince tribute video helped sales. They were reportedly sold-out all weekend and saw a solid increase in their grosses.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 5:04pm

Can FUN HOME last past 9/1 or so?  It seems unlikely, though I read they are selling groups til Jan 1.  They are now hovering below $400,000 a week.  

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 5:07pm

After Eight said: ""Surprised Paramour is doing so well."

Well, I can't say it was good, but truth to tell, the acrobatics alone proved more entertaining than anything in Hamilton, Fun Home, Waitress, American Psycho...

"

Yes, yes, you hate theatre, we get it. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 5:15pm

Scarywarhol said: "After Eight said: ""Surprised Paramour is doing so well." 

"

Yes, yes, you hate theatre, we get it. 
"

Actually, this is the most revelatory thing it has ever posted. For years, folks have assumed it was posting from a perch of faux superiority but now it is clear what the problem has been: just sit it down in front of a couple of jugglers and it will be entertained forever.

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 5:22pm

HogansHero said: "
Actually, this is the most revelatory thing it has ever posted. For years, folks have assumed it was posting from a perch of faux superiority but now it is clear what the problem has been: just sit it down in front of a couple of jugglers and it will be entertained forever.

"

Wow, good one.

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 5:24pm

Well, it has long been clear that anything with what might be called content or even subject matter simply won't do. 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 5:33pm

Auggie27 said: "Can FUN HOME last past 9/1 or so?  It seems unlikely, though I read they are selling groups til Jan 1.  They are now hovering below $400,000 a week.  

"

Shows are always selling groups far in advance... further than single tickets anyway. How do you think they collect a "healthy" advance? It ain't your mom and your aunt on their once a year theater date, I'll tell ya that. 

After Eight
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 10:16pm

"Yes, yes, you hate theatre,"

No, no, I love theatre --- a great deal, in fact. Whatever gave you such a notion, anyway? The very idea! What I don't like, to be sure, is bad theatre. And upon reflection..... why should I? In fact, why should anyone?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 10:25pm

After Eight, you literally just wrote on the Tuck reviews thread that you enjoyed that show "a great deal more than Hamilton, Waitress, School of Rock, American Psycho," blah blah blah. That's all well and good that you have your personal tastes, but why are you so bitter and comparative in professing your preferences? Why can't you just say you're happy for Tuck and hope it's successful without denigrating all these other shows in your wake?

After Eight
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 10:33pm

BC,

I'm not in the slightest bit bitter; nor do I denigrate anything by my comparisons. I offer them merely as a gauge by which to assess the merits of the work in question.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/26/16 at 11:15pm

AE, no you don't, and you know you don't. But you go right on having a blast at children's theatre and thinking that's what's good. But maybe you can lay off the sophomoric snideness cuz the grownups have you figured out. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16
Posted: 4/27/16 at 9:39am

HogansHero said: "But maybe you can lay off the sophomoric snideness cuz the grownups have you figured out."

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16