adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#25Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/27/16 at 2:50pm

I still do not believe there's any way this woman could have been properly vetted. 

javero Profile Photo
javero
#26Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/27/16 at 3:00pm

Her performance as CEO of HP was abominable but this is one crazy election cycle.  And as recently as 4 years ago if you suggested to anyone that Donald J Trump would become the presumptive GOP nominee folks would have looked at you as if you had 5 heads.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#27Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/27/16 at 7:35pm

Someone should alert the Irving Berlin estate that for no good reason, Carly Fiorina just sang her own lyrics to "You're Just in Love" from Call Me Madam.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#28Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/27/16 at 10:16pm

I'm still not convinced that Carly's not an A.I. specimen spun up in a lab somewhere.  The programming and human-like sentience are rather impressive nonetheless.

Updated On: 4/27/16 at 10:16 PM

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#29Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/27/16 at 10:59pm

Anyone see her bizarre interview with Hallie Jackson on NBC/MSNBC?  I've never seen a more hostile interviewee, ever, and on a day when Fiorina needs the media's access if not imprimatur.  She was snide, resentful, bitter, recalcitrant. Why is she there to school the media? A creepy, unpleasant moment connected to a creepy man and a decidedly unpleasant campaign.  Fiorina fails to grasp the irony: she dropped out because she was irrelevant. Now she speaks up, tethered to this narcissistic loser, as if entitled to have a say (and a vote -- she is ineligible for the latter, neither running nor a nominee.).  Did I use the word bizarre?  Yeah, I did.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

javero Profile Photo
javero
#30Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:37pm

It seems to me that the GOP is already conceding defeat to Hillary but keen to avoid losing control of the Senate.  Trump is less than ideal at the top of the ticket so the party's grown-ups are likely hatching a plan behind the scenes to hold onto 4 shaky Senate seats with or without The Donald's involvement.  If they lose them, the Democrat's likely VP becomes the tie-breaker in matters before the Senate.  Registered Democrats in NC, AZ, and WI are totally pissed right now for several reasons so voter turnout could be impressive in those states.

I'm convinced that Hillary saw the big picture long before the primary race got underway.  If elected and sworn in, she'll need at least one chamber of Congress in alliance with the administration.  A 4-4 SCOTUS does none of us any favors.

Updated On: 4/27/16 at 11:37 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#31Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/28/16 at 12:30am

She don't need harmonizing,

It is not so surprising,

That she's strange and cold as ice,

You know what's the matter?

She's mad as a hatter,

She's a witch that's losing twice!

I guess someone told her,

She'll help Cruz look much bolder,

A loud mouth to give Trump a shove,

She's a jerk I just can't take,

She gives me a stomach ache!

She's a JOKE you've got to love!

(of course, with my deepest respect for Irving Berlin)Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?
Updated On: 4/28/16 at 12:30 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#32Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/29/16 at 8:40am

In 2008, Carly Fiorina sang a different tune:

The Wrap Watch Carly Fiorina Suck Up to Hillary Clinton in 2008 (Video)

http://www.thewrap.com/carly-fiorina-hillary-clinton-2008-video/

phantom8019
#33Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 4/30/16 at 2:14pm

Getting back to Trump, as a gay man I take particular offense to his sexist, xenophobic, and racist rhetoric. I know many of us do. It's essential that we continue to stand up to this garbage, not just for our own rights, but for the basic human rights and dignity of other marginalized and minority groups. Hate is always the same stupid, raw force--it just gets repurposed from time to time and directed at different groups. 

Gay rights have certainly evolved a great deal in the past 30 years, but we must remain vigilant and remain concerned not just for our rights, but for the rights of all people. Trump seems to be fine with gay marriage, etc., and seemingly has no bones to pick with gay people, but he has certainly stirred up hatred toward other groups. It is a very slippery slope, and this sort of rhetoric should not be tolerated. People would begin to use "President Trump" as the litmus test for what is and is not acceptable. Hate spreads like fire. It is much easier to hate than to learn, interact, and accept.

I know it seems obvious that Hillary will trounce him, and I remain very hopeful, but I am not resting until November 9, the day after the election. Trump is a real threat--just the fact that he has come this far is terrifying. And then... there will always be people like Trump. We can never be complacent.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#35Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 10:58am

So, I've got a question for the political wonks and poll watchers.  

What's up with Kasich consistently beating Hillary in national polls, including the most recent ones? I imagine that when he speaks today he's going to tout those poll numbers as one of the reasons he's staying in the race. Of course, a poll this far out featuring a candidate who really hasn't been tested on the national stage yet is probably not that meaningful. I get that. I'm just wondering if those numbers say something potentially troubling about Hillary's candidacy rather than what they say about Kasich who, of course, is not going to be the Republican nominee. 

In other words, are Hillary's positive numbers against Trump more about the unfavorability of Trump's candidacy than the favorability of Hillary's and should that worry us for the general? 

Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#36Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 11:06am

Both Kasich and Sanders benefit from the fact that no one has attacked them, and the media has largely ignored Kasich and praised Sanders.  Both would plummet in the polls if they were scrutinized to any fraction of the degree to which Clinton has been for almost 30 years.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#37Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 11:08am

So this is where we are on May 4, 2016: Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump.

And here's how she's gonna win:

POLITICO:Clinton plots swing-state ambush for Trump

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hillary-clinton-swing-states-trump-222772

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#38Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 11:11am

madbrian said: "Both Kasich and Sanders benefit from the fact that no one has attacked them, and the media has largely ignored Kasich and praised Sanders.  Both would plummet in the polls if they were scrutinized to any fraction of the degree to which Clinton has been for almost 30 years."

Yes, I completely understand that.  That wasn't my question.  My question was whether those poll numbers say more about Hillary than they do about Kasich who, as you say, has not had 1/100th the national scrutiny that Hillary has.  

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#39Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 11:24am

I think those poll numbers say more about the way Clinton is presented by the media rather than about her and her record.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#40Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 11:29am

Well, sure, but perception is reality.  

(Interesting read on Hillary's swing state strategy, PJ.)

javero Profile Photo
javero
#41Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 12:27pm

madbrian said: "I think those poll numbers say more about the way Clinton is presented by the media rather than about her and her record."

Spot on.  And Trump has never made it this far before either.  The MSM is poised to turn on him now that he's the undisputed presumptive nominee.  I really wish Sanders would suspend his campaign so that Team Hillary could go into full general election mode.  

Updated On: 5/4/16 at 12:27 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#42Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 12:38pm

...and, Kasich's out.  Someone better tell Bernie this is now a two-person race and neither of those people is from Vermont.  

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#43Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 4:11pm

Hillary's first anti-Trump commercial and it's BRILLIANT!

https://amp.twimg.com/v/85d61190-d754-468a-9c04-35b58ec11532

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#44Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 4:28pm

Good one.

Stephanatic

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 4:43pm

Bernie would better serve everyone if he would pivot toward Trump and away from Clinton. Start a two-pronged attack on Trump from both Democratic candidates now. Attack now. Attack from Sanders' "outsider" side and attack from Clinton's "establishment" side. Don't wait for Trump to finish his victory lap through California. Don't wait for the Right to coalesce around him, now that they more time.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 5/4/16 at 04:43 PM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#47Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:11pm

^^^Hell Yeah!!!

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#48Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:25pm

^Yep, my job is now writing stuff on Bernie boards getting them to pipe down and accept this and still go on.

Stephanatic

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#49Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:26pm

Some Republicans are even considering "Plan C": getting behind a 3rd-party candidate knowing that both the 3rd-party candidate and Trump will lose to Hillary, but at least they won't have to vote for Trump.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/plan-c-republican-establishment-chattering-about-a-third-party-run_us_57295dcbe4b016f378941d68