pixeltracker

Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET- Page 3

Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#50Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 12:21am

I think it will be a big hit. It's a great show and an "experience" you won't get anywhere else. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#51Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 1:33am

wonderfulwizard11 said: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the first two runs limited engagements? I think Josh Groban will be a big draw, especially among audiences that aren't avid theatre-goers but see a show or two as part of a trip to New York. Plus, there are many in New York, myself for one, who didn't see the earlier performances and will go to this show. I grant that it's not an easy sell, but I think with Groban's appeal it will at least last til the spring. "

Actually, if you think about it (and I forgotten in my previous post), it has had three New York productions. The premiere at Ars Nova, the downtown engagement (which was limited as there was going to be construction on that site), and the Theatre District production. The producers wanted to run the last NYC production as much as possible but it just ran out of steam. 

The Groban fans might come out in hordes but he's doing a North America tour until August 27th. People might pay for a ticket to that, closer to their hometown, than travel to New York to see him in a show.

Updated On: 5/2/16 at 01:33 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#52Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 6:09am

RippedMan said: "I think it will be a big hit. It's a great show and an "experience" you won't get anywhere else. "

I definitely enjoyed it when it was held at a midtown tent two years ago --- but I think part of the reason I enjoyed it is because all the seats were great and the entire atmosphere was intimate. How many seats did that tent have in midtown? 200? On a big Broadway production of roughly 1400 seats, the intimacy changes and thus the "experience" changes as well. We'll see how this is executed. 

Updated On: 5/2/16 at 06:09 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#53Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 6:19am

Look at the seating chart...there are built on places...on the stairs as well as flat stages  in the front and rear mezzanine....it's still going to immersive.

I have high hopes....even though on stage seating dreams are dashed.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#54Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 6:29am

dramamama611 said: "Look at the seating chart...there are built on places...on the stairs as well as flat stages  in the front and rear mezzanine....it's still going to immersive.

I have high hopes....even though on stage seating dreams are dashed.
"

You never know --- if there is a digital/rush lottery, one of the tables may be up for grabs! :) I just watched this video of Brittain Ashford giving a tour of the tent and a flood of memories just came back to my head and got me excited for this production! I think immersion is key and with that seating chart, they're definitely trying their best given the large theater they have to work with. 

BTW, I have never read War and Peace but after seeing this show two years ago in a tent in midtown, I had a trip to Moscow and surprisingly was able to hold a decent conversation about this book just by mentioning Natasha, Pierre, and Anatole amongst Russian friends who had to read the book back in their high school days.

aaaaaa15
#55Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 7:15am

There was a recent 6-part BBC miniseries of War and Peace that was absolutely brilliant, particularly the actors playing Pierre and Andrei if anyone is interested.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#56Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 7:50am

^Yes, my son and I watched it....it was wonderful.  While it brought in more than the musical deals with, the central essence is the same.  (Was it 6?  I didn't recall it being that many.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

aaaaaa15
#57Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 7:52am

It was shown as 6 in the UK but it may have been longer episodes and less parts when it aired in other places!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#58Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 10:27am

The recent miniseries was great.

Unfortunately, wading thru the commercials was harder than actually the war itself. They came fast and furious. It was simpler on us as I dvr'd it and fast forwarded thru the commercials.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 5/2/16 at 10:27 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#59Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 11:20am

I just watched the trailer on youtube and Lily James is in it. Pretty neat. I hope to watch it someday. There is another BBC miniseries from 1972 on youtube though. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#60Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 1:12pm

I left the website open for too long, and this popped up. Following is a chat about seating plan with a Comet Customer Support staff member -

The Great Comet
The Great Comet joined the chat
Chat started

The Great Comet
Good morning, is there anything I can help you with concerning the show and ticketing?

Me
You guys are sweet, thank you.
I was wondering if there's any actual picture of the reimagined seating, instead of just floor plans? Or when they will be released, etc.

The Great Comet
We don't currently have an actual picture of the seating and I'm not sure when one would be released, but my guess would be closer to the fall. If it would be helpful to you though, I can describe it in detail, or if you have any specific questions I'm happy to oblige them!

Me
Is the "Pierre's Study" actually in the front Orchestra section or the original stage? I am looking at the rear mezz tickets and cannot understand how exactly will the orchestra floor be visible from rear mezz which is just so far behind.
Ditto for some (apparent) stage area in the mezz, how will rear orchestra folks be able to see the action happening there? Unless there's some duplicate staging (As you can tell, I'm obsessed with this show haha)

The Great Comet
Pierre's Study is an oval shaped performance space just in front of the traditional orchestra seating. The seating areas closest to Pierre’s Study are the Upholstered Armchairs and the Upholstered Chairs at Tables.
The actors and musicians move throughout the theatre. All important story action will be visible from all seats. The performers will move from the ribbon-shaped playing space where the stage is through the aisles and the ramps to the orchestra section and the mezzanine.

Does that help?

Me
Yes, thank you. Very excited to see this production. :)

The Great Comet
Awesome, I am too!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#61Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET
Posted: 5/2/16 at 1:22pm

There was the great granddaddy of War & Peace films. It is about a 7 hour movie that was in the 60's I believe . It played the recently demolished DeMille in Times Square. You saw it in 2 separate viewings. Each viewing was had an intermission in the middle. It literally had a cast of thousands. It was a Russian production with about 100,000 soldiers used in the battle scenes. It is rarely, if ever, shown on tv or in theaters. I do not even know if it is available on video.

I saw it and all I remember was it was long, big, loud and an experience to see.

Poster Emeritus