pixeltracker

The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?- Page 4

The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#75The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 10:04pm

If it's true that Jordan Roth went over North Country in favor of Hadestown, then that's great news for the latter. Roth knows what he's doing when it comes to his houses.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#76The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 10:23pm

What a a horrible theatre choice. They should have just waited until next season. Heck, even the Cort would have been better since they don't plan on renovating that anytime soon

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#77The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 11:55pm

Lunt has a dark, mysterious mood to it, so could work for this show.

brdwybound04
#78The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 1/23/19 at 1:42pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=Is-DREAMGIRLS-Heading-to-Broadway-in-2019-20190123

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#79The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 1/23/19 at 2:06pm

Pretty sure its been widely rumored for TINA to play here in the fall. Id expect Dreamgirls at the Hudson after Burn this. 

Any word on Girl From The North Country? You'd think they'd need an announcement soon for a spring opening to generate buzz and sell some tickets. 

Theatrefanboy1
#80The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 1/23/19 at 2:14pm

See I thought that girl from the north county would have taken the Hudson... or the booth but yes I would have expected something soon

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#81The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 1/23/19 at 2:17pm

I can also see DREAMGIRLS at the Sondheim if BEAUTIFUL closes this Spring.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#82The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 1/24/19 at 10:36am

Tina Turner has the Lunt for early fall. 

Girl From the North Country has waffled SO many times on what they're doing. First is was the Kerr but they couldn't pull the trigger, so the Kerr booked Hadestown instead. Then GFTNC was just going to wait until next season. Then it was a limited engagement at the Lunt, opening right before Tony cutoff, with the promise to come back next season at a different theater (since they'd have to vacate for Tina). Now it seems like they might just wait until next season again.

So unless there is another play that could be ready quickly (or perhaps some concert), I think the Lunt could go dark until Tina.