pixeltracker

Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella - Page 5

Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella

Oak2
#100Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 8:35am

"Another thing is that the rake is quite extreme, I did not expect it. It just makes the jellicle ball even more beautiful then it already is"

What does this mean? I am not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know what the "rake" means in this case. I"m glad if it improves the show, though. 

nolanativeny
#101Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 8:45am

Oak2 said: ""Another thing is that the rake is quite extreme, I did not expect it. It just makes the jellicle ball even more beautiful then it already is"

What does this mean? I am not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know what the "rake" means in this case. I"m glad if it improves the show, though. 

"

It's referring to the angle at which the stage is tilted toward the audience. 

rangersrule132
#102Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 9:00am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rake_(theatre)

just a quick Google search does the trick

gimlet2
#103Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 9:29am

Is the stage actually inclined or just the set? Would it be more difficult to dance on a tilted floor?

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#104Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 9:42am

gimlet2 said: "Is the stage actually inclined or just the set? Would it be more difficult to dance on a tilted floor?

"

I think rangersrule132 means the inclination of orchestra seats. The stage is quite flat, and they even let the audience come on stage during the intermission. Like WTH?

trpguyy
#105Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 9:56am

The stage, where they do the dancing, is raked. 

trpguyy
#106Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:03am

"I'm glad it doesn't bother you at all when one of your subordinates continually calls out. I'd like to have a boss like you."

Well most of my subordinates are dancers, who as we've established, are expected to miss work so it's all fine. It's the non-dancers who I'll have to start kicking to the curb.

The point people are trying to make is that if Ms. Lewis keeps calling out it certainly isn't because of the physical demands of the role.

I've been trying to make that same point. 

It's either because she's a sickly woman (if she is using sick days), her voice can't handle singing a song eight times a week (seems unlikely), or quite honestly has a shoddy work ethic if she's taking vacation and personal days a month into her job. 

Or a slew of other reasons, none of which would cause concern to the people running the production, and certainly not reason enough for the faux-outrage around here.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#107Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:18am

If she's missing performances and they don't care, then they must know she has little or no effect on their ticket sales.

trpguyy
#108Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:27am

I think that has always been the case. 

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#109Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:30am

https://imgur.com/a/k5SbqI was aghast by the sight of it.

Updated On: 8/31/16 at 10:30 AM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#110Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:38am

It's just irritating to me that she's been handed a pretty big career opportunity/springboard to open a particularly notable Broadway show and yet she's calling out so frequently. There seems a lack of gratitude.

trpguyy
#111Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:41am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "https://imgur.com/a/k5SbqI was aghast by the sight of it."

The audience being allowed on stage at intermission was also a part of the original production. 

Liza's Headband
#112Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:41am

I'm glad you can peer into a total stranger's soul and mind based on how/when they call out. That's an amazing talent! 

trpguyy
#113Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:44am

Could somebody please provide data as to how many shows she's called out of? Using the terms "a lot" and "so many" is lazy, relative, and unhelpful. And please make sure that they're performances that she has called out of and not pre-arranged contractual days.

rangersrule132
#114Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 8/31/16 at 11:02am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "gimlet2 said: "Is the stage actually inclined or just the set? Would it be more difficult to dance on a tilted floor?

"

I think rangersrule132 means the inclination of orchestra seats. The stage is quite flat, and they even let the audience come on stage during the intermission. Like WTH?

"

I'm sorry I was speaking to the incline of the stage. When I went on stage it was very noticeable.

broadwayguy91
#116Leona Lewis OFFICIALLY cast as Grizabella
Posted: 9/2/16 at 5:36am

Nicole, judging from that clip, seems like a better actress. At least she doesn't just stand there and sway as if she's at a concert.