SERIOUSLY AMAZING

BlackElleWoods Profile Photo
BlackElleWoods
#1SERIOUSLY AMAZING
Posted: 6/1/16 at 3:58pm

You guys !!!!!!!! I know I'm fairly new to Broadway but I must have been living under a rock for me to have missed how amazing Sutton Foster was in anything goes ! I've always loved Patti Lupone's version but I can't get this one out of my head ! 

Are there any revival performances that you like more than the original 

5377brian Profile Photo
5377brian
#2SERIOUSLY AMAZING
Posted: 6/1/16 at 4:09pm

Pretty much any one of the 'Gypsy' revivals...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3SERIOUSLY AMAZING
Posted: 6/1/16 at 4:15pm

The current Color Purple Revival.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#4SERIOUSLY AMAZING
Posted: 6/1/16 at 5:57pm

The recent SPRING AWAKENING revival from Deaf West.

The recent ON THE TOWN revival beats all the other revivals (even I'm too young to have seen the original.)

Roundabout's ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY was funnier and better sung than the original.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#5SERIOUSLY AMAZING
Posted: 6/1/16 at 6:01pm

5377brian said: "Pretty much any one of the 'Gypsy' revivals..."

Strongly disagree (at least recording-wise). I think Merman is still the one to beat, with Lansbury and LuPone following her.

I prefer the 2003 recording of Nine, the actors fund recording of Hair and Dreamgirls in Concert. other than those I mostly prefer the originals.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayPeasent
#6SERIOUSLY AMAZING
Posted: 6/1/16 at 6:30pm

dramamama611 said: "The current Color Purple Revival.

hear hear

"