pixeltracker

Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team

Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/3/16 at 5:25pm

I was interested to see what darling would add to the show. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Christopher-Gattelli-Joins-FROZEN-Creative-Team-Choreographer-Peter-Darling-Departs-Due-to-Scheduling-Conflicts-20160603

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge
#2Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/3/16 at 5:40pm

Not surprised though. I expected Gattelli from the get go. I also wonder if Groundhog Day is planning on coming in alongside frozen.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/3/16 at 6:22pm

So so disappointed. I loved his work in Matilda and I was dying to see what he was going to do to one of my favorite Disney movies. But reading the reason why, I am not surprised and it makes perfect sense.

Call_me_jorge
#4Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/3/16 at 6:42pm

I'm not trying to say anything snarky, but Gattelli is currently involved with two project, this makes three, spongbob and war paint. So I wonder why darling can't do two shows, maybe it has to with Groundhog Day being based in London. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#5Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:16pm

Yes, it is a little strange. Groundhog Day doesn't appear to have the same timeline as Frozen with the tryout of the latter not happening until next summer. 

asmith0307
#6Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/4/16 at 12:15am

Call_me_jorge said: "I'm not trying to say anything snarky, but Gattelli is currently involved with two project, this makes three, spongbob and war paint. So I wonder why darling can't do two shows, maybe it has to with Groundhog Day being based in London. "

What you are missing is that despite both of Gattelli's summer shows being out-of-town, they are literally across the street from each other in Chicago. How he did both while they were in New York is something he probably worked out with the two. The other key is that Frozen has a workshop coming up here in a few weeks - while Groundhog Day is in London. So while overall they may not have the same timeline, at this point their timelines are conflicting.

All that being said, I'm glad Gattelli is joining the team. Frankly, I was surprised (but not in a negative way) when he wasn't a part of the team originally. 

Trish2
#7Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/4/16 at 12:19am

Is there no one else besides Gattelli? Like another poster said he's currently rehearsing two shows at the same time in Chicago. Sending assistants back and forth I'm sure.

Why not give someone else a shot? 

Aside from his acrobatic work in Newsies he's done nothing that pops out as being so distinctly signature work.

Plus, why not give another woman a chance? It seems to be the boys club lately with Gattelli, blankenbeuhler and Carlyle.

Wilmingtom
#8Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/4/16 at 4:58am

Gattelli is also doing Fair Lady in Sydney, opening in August and directed by Julie Andrews.  Busy guy, and with good reason.  His musical In Your Arms also seems to be on the move from the Old Globe.

BroadwayPeasent
AnnieBlack
#10Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/4/16 at 11:25am

'Scheduling difficulties' usually means fired. Happening so soon after the workshop probably means he didn't work out. 

massofmen
nycgogetter
#12Darling departs frozen, Gattelli joins creative team
Posted: 6/4/16 at 1:43pm

Yeah, that is the polite way to let someone go with dignity.  

Videos