pixeltracker

Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition

Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/22/16 at 10:51pm

In the past week alone, writers on here have recommended Cynthia Erivo for a currently nonexistent revival of Aida as well as Elphaba in the film adaptation of Wicked. Is there a single role that you think Ms. Erivo must play one day?

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#2Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/22/16 at 11:06pm

A role that hasn't been written yet. Something written to her skill set so we can see what beautiful things she can do.

If I'm being really greedy, something opposite Leslie Odom Jr.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/22/16 at 11:09pm

Julie jordan

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#4Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/22/16 at 11:35pm

Caroline.

snl89
#5Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/23/16 at 12:00am

I've said it in one of the Hamilton-related threads, but: Aaron Burr :) 

Hamilton can totally work with genderbent casting, and the very thought of her voice on those songs *____* 

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 6/23/16 at 12:00 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#6Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/23/16 at 9:21am

Sarah in Ragtime

buhbuhbilly Profile Photo
buhbuhbilly
#7Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/23/16 at 9:27am

omg Aaron Burr would be amazing

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#8Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/23/16 at 10:09am

The Last Five Years.

I want her to be cast in big shows, along with musical theater giants like Patti Lupone and Nathan Lane, so we get a massive production and brilliant cast album. Don't have actual ideas beyond that. Would love for it to be new material.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#9Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/23/16 at 10:16am

something new. Someone needs to build a new show around her & her voice. I would imagine after Color Purple she'll go back to the UK. But I hope she'll be back on Broadway within the next 5 years.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

indytallguy
#10Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/23/16 at 10:38am

Dot in the October concert this fall.

snl89
#11Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/23/16 at 9:20pm

Oooh YES to Last 5 Years also!! Her I Can Do Better Than That immediately became my favorite version once I heard it <3 

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

aaaaaa15
#12Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/23/16 at 9:33pm

Yeah, I wish she was doing it in London instead of Samantha Barks.

brian1973
#13Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/24/16 at 12:26am

Small problem- she can't act. Yes she can belt out a tune- but In between songs- oh dear.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#14Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/24/16 at 12:45am

brian1973 said: "Small problem- she can't act. Yes she can belt out a tune- but In between songs- oh dear."

This is not true, but okay!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#15Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/24/16 at 12:45am

brian1973 said: "Small problem- she can't act. Yes she can belt out a tune- but In between songs- oh dear."

Oh, man, you lost ALL credibility just like that.

Obviously she would make a great Dot. But I'd really like to see her as Caroline in CAROLINE, OR CHANGE -- though I'm not sure what her age is and I'm too lazy to Google it.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#16Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 6/24/16 at 3:44am

her birthday is January 8th 1987, she is 29.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayNYC25 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC25
#17Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 7/1/16 at 3:47pm

whoever said she cant is going to hell. she won a tony for best ACTress

rjm516
#18Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 7/1/16 at 5:11pm

Also part of what makes her singing so effective is how strongly she acts through her singing. 

AnnieBlack
#19Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 7/1/16 at 5:16pm

She doesn't emote when she sings- she just 'does' - probably one of the best singing actresses who can actually sing ever 

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#20Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 7/1/16 at 7:45pm

Would ultimately love to see her in something new but I'd also like to see her Evita or Elizabeth in If/Then.

Owen22
#21Dreamcasting: Cynthia Erivo Edition
Posted: 7/1/16 at 9:16pm

brian1973 said: "Small problem- she can't act. Yes she can belt out a tune- but In between songs- oh dear.

ARE YOU F***KING INSANE??

"