pixeltracker

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017- Page 3

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017

neonlightsxo
#50ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 9:21am

Speak for yourself, Jeffrey. Some of us have.

DeNada
#51ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 9:52am

Based on the video of Ms Altomare performing I've seen, she does a really great job of singing a beloved song.  I'm not, however, getting the sense of that being a Tony-winning performance.  I know belting the first act closer seems to be a way to get nominated (Sutton Foster in Little Women, for instance), and I haven't seen the rest of her undoubtedly appealing performance, but... it's not much beyond someone standing at the mike and singing it, in some ways.  I guess I would prefer more dynamic staging or something; she does a good job vocally of conveying the change from trepidation to excitement, but there's only so much you can do with a park-and-bark belty solo.

Then again, I haven't seen - and will never see - any of the other potential nominees, so what do I know?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#52ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 10:02am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "So, Christy Altomare's "Journey to the Past" is going viral on Facebook. Telling from the comments and the hits, I'm starting to wonder if Christy can possibly -and hopefully- pull a giant upset at the Tonys for Best Leading Actress next year? "

Since when has the reaction to a video ever been an indication of whether someone will be nominated, let alone win, a Tony?

You should be holding off your wondering until March, when we know exactly who she'll be up against. If War Paint and Sweet Charity both transfer this season, then she will be very fortunate if she is nominated.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#53ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 11:56am

Kad said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Since when has the reaction to a video ever been an indication of whether someone will be nominated, let alone win, a Tony?"

It could attract buzz (like Hamilton) and the commenters could be a foreshadowing of the critics' thoughts  

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#54ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 12:02pm

Hamilton earned its buzz through word of mouth from people who saw the show- and the reporting of who saw the show, as well as critical accolades not once but twice.

Reaction of people on Facebook to one song is only indicative that they like that one song.

It is also the reaction of many people who probably are already predisposed to like it. It's not a poll.

We already have an idea of how critics will react to the show... because critics have already reacted to it.
"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 8/25/16 at 12:02 PM

CarlAlan610
#55ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 2:13pm

Does anyone have the link from Facebook?

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#57ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 2:34pm

It's gone viral!  It's everywhere. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#58ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 6:52pm

Dammit, the video got removed. At least, Christy had a very brief moment of fame 

broadwayguy91
#59ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 9:01pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioL6SePuA7Q a copy of the video in question for anyone interested.

disneybroadwayfan22
#60ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 10:48pm

" Russian Revolution Princess play"

broadwayguy91
#61ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/25/16 at 11:05pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "" Russian Revolution Princess play"

"

it's on purpose ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017 if I put in anything with the word Anastasia all hell will rain down on my account LOL.

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#62ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/26/16 at 5:22am

BroadwayGuy91 wrote: lf I put in anything with the word Anastasia all hell will rain down on my account LOL

Not to mention that a bunch of folks will think you're talking about "50 Shades of Grey."??

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

neonlightsxo
#63ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/26/16 at 8:53am

^ Wrong crowd.

broadwayguy91
#64ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/26/16 at 8:54am

AHLiebross said: "BroadwayGuy91 wrote: lf I put in anything with the word Anastasia all hell will rain down on my account LOL

Not to mention that a bunch of folks will think you're talking about "50 Shades of Grey."??

"

LOL !

Btw. just curious, is 20th Century Fox one of the producers for this stage production ala Universal / Wicked?

neonlightsxo
broadwayguy91
BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#68ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 10:31am

^ Me too!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BroadwayConcierge
neonlightsxo
#70ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 10:42am

I don't love the Anya figure, and how she pops out from the rest of the design so much. But it's fine.

10086sunset
#71ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 10:52am

BroadwayConcierge said: "http://www.broadway.com/buzz/185786/journey-to-next-spring-anastasia-unveils-broadway-artwork-sets-start-date/

In LOVE with the production's official artwork. 
"

Agreed...

Liza's Headband
#72ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 10:57am

BroadwayConcierge said: "http://www.broadway.com/buzz/185786/journey-to-next-spring-anastasia-unveils-broadway-artwork-sets-start-date/

In LOVE with the production's official artwork. 

"

Considering the number of creative approaches they could have taken, count me as disappointed. So boring and uninspired... 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#73ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:15am

Yeah, I'm decidedly underwhelmed.

BroadwayConcierge
#74ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:21am

I'm curious as to what general ideas others might have had. I personally love the general simplicity and yet stunning lushness of the design.