pixeltracker

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017- Page 4

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#75ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:24am

It looks like she's dying.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#76ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:37am

LOVE LOVE the art! Just like the movie poster

neonlightsxo
#77ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:38am

It does indeed, Lizzie.

Liza's Headband
#78ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:46am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "LOVE LOVE the art! Just like the movie poster

"

No. Uninspired and lame. 

broadwayguy91
#79ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:54am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "LOVE LOVE the art! Just like the movie poster

"

I like how it's a reverse of the original poster.. i.e. in the movie poster Anastasia is heading out of the light and into the darkness, with her face visible to us, while in the Broadway artwork she is walking towards the light with only her back visible.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#80ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 2:53pm

ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017

Maybe I just can't get the original poster out of my head but in comparison this one is meh.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#81ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 3:26pm

The new art looks awesome; very creative incorporating St. Petersburg, Paris and the bridge (which if I remember right from Hartford, there was a song about the bridge and several references to it).  

Liza's Headband
#82ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 3:29pm

It's a girl walking toward the sun/daylight in Russia. How is that at all creative? 

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#83ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 6:15pm

Liza's Headband said: "It's a girl walking toward the sun/daylight in Russia. How is that at all creative? "

Maybe you'll find it more creative when you realize that the Eiffel Tower is not in Russia? ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017  

VintageSnarker
#84ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 6:25pm

I like the overall design. I just wish the background popped a little more so you could clearly tell what you're looking at. It's too washed out with all the glowing lights. The lamps are pulling focus. All things considered, I think it's better than a lot of the photoshop-style campaigns recently.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#85ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 6:32pm

Liza's Headband said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "LOVE LOVE the art! Just like the movie poster

"

No. Uninspired and lame. 

"

Yes because your opinion is the RIGHT opinion. 

Liza's Headband
#86ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 7:04pm

Not sure where I ever typed that... Can you point it out to me?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#87ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 7:46pm

Definitely don't understand what all the hype is about the poster...sure, it's pretty, but it's not the best poster art I've ever seen before. I too wish the photo was from the front. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#88ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 8:47pm

I'd be interested to see the portrait orientation version like what would be used for the windowcard.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

disneybroadwayfan22
#89ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/30/16 at 10:49pm

From Playbill:

GLEB
Male, any ethnicity, mid – late 30s. A member of the Chekist secret police. A zealot with tremendous
intensity and a dangerous sexuality. As the play progresses, we see him rise in power and position
within the political party. He’s in love with Anya but would not be above killing her if necessary. We’re
not looking for a typical villain; he must be likable. Strong, dramatic baritenor with thrilling middle and
top of range. Vocal range: B2 – G4. PRINCIPAL (Note: OFFER IS OUT; BUT NOT YET ACCEPTED)

Here's the thing. From the show I saw in June, half of this isn't true. What dangerous sexuality? Yeah, the actor of Gleb was attractive, but Anya nor the other women in the show were seduced by him or fallen for him. So, this part is pointless.

"As the play progresses, we see him rise in power and position within the political party."

Not really. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

From the beginning, he is the deputy commissioner. But, then gest promoted to hitmen or whatever to spy on Anya and kill her. No rising of power or anything. Even if he did rise to power, it was just, "Hey, you're going to kill Anya. Bye." Nothing dramatic.

He’s in love with Anya but would not be above killing her if necessary.

Pretty false.

When Gleb approaches Anya about the scheme, he says that he is so relieved that she wasn't Anastasia because she was safe. When Gleb realizes Anya is Anastasia (Not clear at all how he recognized her, btw. Someone explained to me), he is like, "Oh, crap. I gotta kill her." Very hesitant. Even when his boss orders him to follow Anya to Paris to kill her, you can tell he doesn't want to. His part in the Quartet is all about he doesn't want to kill her, but has to. The only part when he wants to kill her is at the climax. 

If all of these points are meant to be in the show, the playwright failed pretty bad. Actually show us this in the show. But, I got to say: The description is right about him being likable. I found Gleb to be adorable around Anya before the realization.

Updated On: 8/30/16 at 10:49 PM

curel1
#90ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 8/31/16 at 2:28am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "From Playbill:

GLEB
Male, any ethnicity, mid – late 30s. A member of the Chekist secret police. A zealot with tremendous
intensity and a dangerous sexuality. As the play progresses, we see him rise in power and position
within the political party. He’s in love with Anya but would not be above killing her if necessary. We’re
not looking for a typical villain; he must be likable. Strong, dramatic baritenor with thrilling middle and
top of range. Vocal range: B2 – G4. PRINCIPAL (Note: OFFER IS OUT; BUT NOT YET ACCEPTED)

Here's the thing. From the show I saw in June, half of this isn't true. What dangerous sexuality? Yeah, the actor of Gleb was attractive, but Anya nor the other women in the show were seduced by him or fallen for him. So, this part is pointless.

"As the play progresses, we see him rise in power and position within the political party."

Not really. 

From the beginning, he is the deputy commissioner. But, then gest promoted to hitmen or whatever to spy on Anya and kill her. No rising of power or anything. Even if he did rise to power, it was just, "Hey, you're going to kill Anya. Bye." Nothing dramatic.

He’s in love with Anya but would not be above killing her if necessary.

Pretty false.

When Gleb approaches Anya about the scheme, he says that he is so relieved that she wasn't Anastasia because she was safe. When Gleb realizes Anya is Anastasia (Not clear at all how he recognized her, btw. Someone explained to me), he is like, "Oh, crap. I gotta kill her." Very hesitant. Even when his boss orders him to follow Anya to Paris to kill her, you can tell he doesn't want to. His part in the Quartet is all about he doesn't want to kill her, but has to. The only part when he wants to kill her is at the climax. 

If all of these points are meant to be in the show, the playwright failed pretty bad. Actually show us this in the show. But, I got to say: The description is right about him being likable. I found Gleb to be adorable around Anya before the realization.

"

Well hopefully they've made some changes since Hartford

disneybroadwayfan22
#91ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/5/16 at 4:27pm

I keep on seeing people responding to the board, but I never see their posts?

Updated On: 9/5/16 at 04:27 PM

CarlAlan610
#92ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/5/16 at 5:11pm

I assume that means the actor who played Gleb is not continuing with the production?

disneybroadwayfan22
#93ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/5/16 at 6:43pm

CarlAlan610 said: "I assume that means the actor who played Gleb is not continuing with the production?

"

Possibly.

"Note: OFFER IS OUT; BUT NOT YET ACCEPTED"

broadwayguy91
#94ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/6/16 at 2:23am

Does Gleb HAVE to be older than Anya/Anastasia? I think Robert Lenzi would make a good Gleb. He and Christy would have very good chemistry together I feel. 

I also wouldn't mind if they hired someone along the veins of Ramin Karimloo (who played Gleb in the early workshop) - someone with an impressive physique / stature with commanding stage presence.

On another note, I wonder if Constantine Germanacos will reprise his role of Count Ipolitov on Broadway. He has a GORGEOUS tenor voice and I can easily imagine him as the Dimitri understudy.

Updated On: 9/6/16 at 02:23 AM

neonlightsxo
#95ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/6/16 at 9:49am

CarlAlan610, It actually said offer out- not accepted.

Updated On: 9/6/16 at 09:49 AM

disneybroadwayfan22
#96ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/13/16 at 5:52pm

What a horribly/lazy edited teaser that Hartford made....3 months later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDXAujMVYqE

the brass kazoo Profile Photo
the brass kazoo
#97ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/13/16 at 9:05pm

Perhaps this bothers me unduly because I am a huge Russian history buff but I wish they hadn't made Anastasia blonde in this production, since the original Anastasia had dark hair.

disneybroadwayfan22
#98ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/13/16 at 9:08pm

the brass kazoo said: "Perhaps this bothers me unduly because I am a huge Russian history buff but I wish they hadn't made Anastasia blonde in this production, since the original Anastasia had dark hair.

"

I don't know if it's because of the actress or that fact Anastasia had strawberry blonde hair when she was a kid

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#99ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/13/16 at 10:12pm

Eh, hair color doesn't bother me too much. I mean, I was a fair blonde as a kid and now I'm somewhere between blonde and brunette. 

That teaser wasn't exactly a work of genius, although I did appreciate how they tried to make the movements flow into each other (ie the ballerina's spin into Lily's, etc.) I'm really curious to see who ends up playing Gleb- I agree it might be interesting to have a younger revolutionary, especially because that would have made him younger and more impressionable when

he heard his father and the others murder the Romanovs