pixeltracker

Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS- Page 5

Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#100Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 9:52am

KathyNYC2 said: "
When she was cast, Ushkowitz was only scheduled to be on until Labor Day and stayed until late October. She has plans. It has nothing to do with the creatives not feeling she was a good fit. Everyone loves her there.
"

Yes. I know she has stayed longer than her initial schedule which is why I said maybe she never intended to stay this long. I don't know anyone on the creative team so I couldn't say firsthand if they liked her. It did certainly seem from afar that she was fitting in very well with her castmates. Hopefully she has something else great on the horizon. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

LarryD2
#101Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 10:01am

Jenna was definitely well-liked and I imagine they would have wanted her to extend again, if her schedule allowed. I'm not involved with the show, but I know people who are, and my understanding is that Kimiko initially gave the impression she would return and then that changed. Jenna was able to extend a month or so beyond her original departure but couldn't commit to any more time. I don't know exactly what happened with Kimiko, but it all seems really odd.

mailhandler777
#102Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 11:29am

dramamama611 said: "Um....no.   Every actress that plays the part (including the understudy) has new costumes made specifically for them. (Because, ew.)"

In Wicked they definitely recycle costumes.

Jenna's costume in Waitress was new though since it was whiter and darker than Jessie and Keala's were. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

KathyNYC2
#103Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 11:36am

Jenna's costumes were obviously different than the ones Kimiko used because they are not at all the same size.

mailhandler777
#104Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 11:38am

^Kimiko is tiny so of course they weren't hers. They might have been Ragan's though. Who knows. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#105Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 12:08pm

I dont think we necessarily need to put on our conspiracy theory hats regarding Kimiko. She was hired knowing that she is on a television show and had conflcits, and she may have picked up some other offers as well that preclude her from returning to the show.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

KathyNYC2
#106Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 12:18pm

Basically if Kimiko or the company wanted the general public to know, they would have made a public announcemen with regards to Kimiko leaving. Obviously this was a private mattter regarding a performer and a contract and not  everyone is entitled to know everything about everyone at all times for whatever reason. And we move forward. 

LarryD2
#107Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 12:23pm

Kimiko's departure is entirely unrelated to Orange is the New Black, from what I've gathered. But yes, she and the production have obviously decided not to make the reason for her departure public.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#108Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/12/16 at 2:07pm

What's weird is that in her Instagram bio it still says she's playing dawn. And it's not like the case of her not being on in a while. The last time she posted was two days ago. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

benmangini
#109Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/16/16 at 6:57pm

Has Jenna been stage dooring lately ? 

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#110Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/17/16 at 7:53am

Yes!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#111Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/19/16 at 10:14pm

Per Eric Anderson's public Instagram, Keala also took her final bow tonight. 

KathyNYC2
Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#113Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/19/16 at 10:57pm

Wtf? What is wrong with the weisslers??

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#114Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/19/16 at 11:18pm

cglaid said: "Per Eric Anderson's public Instagram, Keala also took her final bow tonight. "

Woah what? That's a big surprise. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#115Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/19/16 at 11:39pm

cglaid said: "Per Eric Anderson's public Instagram, Keala also took her final bow tonight. "

Link here: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLxHfaHBVdF/?taken-by=egroove

Also: 

https://twitter.com/itsryanvasquez/status/788928511381823489

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt