Ride the cyclone MCC

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#100Ride the cyclone MCC
Posted: 12/14/16 at 5:49pm

little_sally said: "I had a lot of problems with the logic of Jane Doe but my biggest issue was

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Karnak didn't know who she was because he didn't read her fortune. Once she's chosen to go back, he knew all about her. 

"

See, proving my point exactly because... 

My interpretation was that he knew all about her because they let her live and she got to live the life she would've missed otherwise. The clips of her growing old were in the future and they, being in their alternate universe, watched what they allowed to unfold right in front of their eyes. If the bunch hadn't chose Jane Doe, none of that would've happened. 

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#101Ride the cyclone MCC
Posted: 12/16/16 at 2:41am

trpguyy said: ""The storyline is very simple. 6 kids are dead, and only 1 can return to life. They then spend the next 90 minutes telling their stories until the group decides who can return to their life."

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to seeing this show. But it kind of sounds like Cats in a different setting. 

"

That's exactly what I thought after seeing the show today, and 

the one that gets to come back is the grizabella type.

JaneAugust
#102Ride the cyclone MCC
Posted: 12/23/16 at 1:25am

I saw the show tonight and I absolutely loved it. It's definitely not a show for everyone, but I thought the story was easy to understand and was the perfect length. The tech and design elements were incredible and the cast was fantastic.

neonlightsxo
#103Ride the cyclone MCC
Posted: 12/23/16 at 9:24am

The writing and the logic is all over the place. This show...ugh.

Re: the Cats comparison:

"For the rest of the show, everyone gets a song to explain why they should be chosen. It's Cats, but with dead teenagers."

http://theatermania.com/off-broadway/reviews/ride-the-cyclone_79269.html

coasterking500
#104Ride the cyclone MCC
Posted: 12/23/16 at 9:50am

I greatly enjoyed the show when I saw it.  Perfect no but I found it highly entertaining.  Not to be that guy here but think there's any snowball chance down below a cast album happens?

ahhrealmonsters
#105Ride the cyclone MCC
Posted: 12/23/16 at 11:44am

Or they could just record the Jane Doe song, and I'd be happy. :)

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#106Ride the cyclone MCC
Posted: 12/23/16 at 10:29pm

Saw this Wednesday afternoon and three minutes in I lost interest. An uninteresting score and concept with game young performers there was nothing smart or inventive or inspirational about it. This had to be a situation where the theater company welcomed the enhancement money from producers who were driving the show to Broadway on the basis of Isherwooods NY Times review. Isherwood is lowering the bar and wasting our time on shows like this.

Up In One