2020 Election

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#502020 Election
Posted: 11/19/16 at 5:16pm

Thanks all for those kind words. 

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#512020 Election
Posted: 11/20/16 at 12:39pm

Elizabeth Warren, Andrew Cuomo, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, Kamala Harris, Tammy Baldwin. The problem is the Democratic Party has been decimated. We need to rebuild and get new young talented democrats on the national stage. I hope Sanders doesn't run again...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#522020 Election
Posted: 11/20/16 at 2:04pm

Oh, good. ^This One^ is back with a new screen name. 

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#532020 Election
Posted: 11/20/16 at 2:40pm

Gavin Newson might we irrelevant in 2020 if he loses in 2018 which he very well may.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#542020 Election
Posted: 11/20/16 at 3:05pm

Uh huh. Thanks, Broadway guy. 

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#552020 Election
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:14pm

Tom Steyer for President

hork Profile Photo
hork
#562020 Election
Posted: 11/20/16 at 10:10pm

Tom Hanks for President! I mean, he's pretty much the only universally liked man in America. If he can't defeat Trump, no one can. And it's not like you need political experience to get elected.

Hell, even Kanye West 2020 is looking pretty good right now.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#572020 Election
Posted: 11/20/16 at 11:31pm

Any thoughts on NY Governor Andrew Cuomo?

Prior to Trump's victory, I would have considered Cuomo less than ideal for a few reasons that have little to do with his competence on the job.  Trump's challenger must be media savvy. Cuomo's improved a great deal in that area over the years. NY governors have a pretty good track record at getting elected POTUS.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#582020 Election
Posted: 11/20/16 at 11:42pm

Jeff Probst 2020!

Only because Phil Keoghan can't run. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#592020 Election
Posted: 11/21/16 at 12:05am

https://www.change.org/p/barack-obama-u-s-house-of-representatives-u-s-senate-list-the-ku-klux-klan-as-an-official-terrorist-organization?recruiter=2096515&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-reason_msg

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#602020 Election
Posted: 11/26/16 at 7:33pm

Jerry Brown for President

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#612020 Election
Posted: 11/27/16 at 3:44am

If I had to pick right now my ideal ticket for 2020 would be Elizabeth Warren/Sherrod Brown.  Maybe I'm biased living in Massachusetts with parents from Ohio...

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#622020 Election
Posted: 11/27/16 at 8:48am

hork said: "Tom Hanks for President! I mean, he's pretty much the only universally liked man in America. If he can't defeat Trump, no one can. And it's not like you need political experience to get elected.  . . . "

I think there's truth to this.  Perhaps the only option the Democrats have is to match Trump's celebrity status.  We need a smart, we'll-spoken megastar to take him on, someone who has voiced his liberal opposition to conservatives proudly in the past.  I'm nominating George Clooney for the top of the ticket.  

javero Profile Photo
javero
#632020 Election
Posted: 11/27/16 at 9:46am

Trump is an anomaly.  Hopefully, the Dems will take this time to recalibrate for the mid-term elections, state legislatures, and governorships akin to what the GOP did after the ascent of Obama.  There's a certain amount of sausage making required on the part of the Dems to overcome the advantage held by the GOP across the board.  I'm optimistic that the sun will set on the cult of personality in due course and issues will return to the forefront.

Oddly, I'm thinking of what it would take at the grassroots level to flip a single state like North Carolina or Ohio from red to blue, regardless of the top of the ticket Democratic nominee.  There has to be a business opportunity as well as the potential for fostering good will.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.