News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Josh

The Josh Profile Photo
Member Name: The Josh
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sunset Blvd Movie Adaptation Casting Ideas  Mar 4 2019, 01:36:04 AM
Jake Gyllenhaal
Saddest songs in musical theater  Jan 10 2019, 01:35:01 AM
The Chavaleh Ballet from Fiddler on the Roof moves me to tears every time without fail. The last 20-30 minutes of that show absolutely wreck me in the best way.
TORCH SONG (2018) Previews  Oct 7 2018, 02:08:22 PM

JBC3 said: "Is front row too close for this?"

Definitely not, based on the off-broadway staging, and the Hayes is pretty small, but who knows what changes they've made since then?

Tell us your dream Broadway revival!  Jun 16 2018, 10:58:20 PM
Once Upon a Mattress with Rachel Bloom and Josh Gad, directed by Casey Nicholaw
2018 Shakespeare in the Park  Jun 6 2018, 12:13:56 AM
I’m going tomorrow morning... how crazy has the line been? How early should I get there?
2018 Tony Awards Party Food Ideas  May 30 2018, 09:27:41 PM
Margaritas are a given

Lobby Gyros

“I smell like” Falafel for The Band’s Visit

Toaster Strudel for Mean Girls

Plantanes (to fill up your belly) for Once on this Island

Lots of chocolate for you to eat, for My Fair Lady

Favorite Replacement of the 2017-2018 Season  May 1 2018, 11:30:29 PM
Santino Fontana in Hello, Dolly!
Significant Snub of the Year  May 1 2018, 05:30:40 PM

I'm going to second every mention for Kate Rockwell and James McArdle, and throw in Allison Pill for Three Tall Women and Laura Benanti for Meteor Shower

Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread  May 1 2018, 05:27:46 PM

Very pleasantly surprised to see a nomination for Michael Cera.  Loved him in Lobby Hero!

Daniel Fish-Directed OKLAHOMA! Lassos its Way to St. Ann's Warehouse  Apr 26 2018, 12:33:57 AM
Got my tickets today- could not be more excited for this!
The Next Great Broadway Revival  Apr 21 2018, 05:40:22 PM
Camelot, Most Happy Fella, Once Upon a Mattress, Oklahoma.... all ripe for revival
Lady Thiang in London?  Apr 21 2018, 05:35:15 PM
The most recent casting announcement still listed Ruthie Ann Miles, so hopefully that means she’s making a speedy recovery.
Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 21 2018, 05:05:00 PM
Dave-

Maria is Puerto Rican because the script says so.

The founding fathers in Hamilton are POC because the script says so.

Tracy Turnblad is white because the script says so.

If race is not specified, a person of any race can be cast.

All of that has nothing to do with morals or history; I t’s just the job of actors and directors to do what the author said to do. Surely you can agree with that.

But if you’re trying to argue that white fol

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Apr 18 2018, 01:35:47 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "The Distinctive Baritone said: "Joshua Henry seems pretty set to win, no?"

Not if Harry Hadden-Paton has anything to say about it.
"

I wouldn't count out Ethan Slater either!

Casting rumors /announcemrnts on upcoming out of towns  Mar 29 2018, 11:01:14 PM
I thought Christopher Fitzgerald did one of the early workshops of Beetlejuice? Did I make that up?
What are your Dreamcasts?  Mar 22 2018, 12:01:49 AM
Once Upon a Mattress with Rachel Bloom as Winnifred, Josh Gad as Dauntless, and Donna Murphy as Aggrevane
Which Other Musicals Should Lincoln Center/Bart Sher Revive?  Mar 18 2018, 12:14:03 AM

A Sher-directed Most Happy Fella would be an absolute dream come true.  I'd love to see him tackle Sunday in the Park with George somewhere down the line too!

Plays to Read  Mar 2 2018, 11:13:07 PM
If you’re looking for something more contemporary, try Tracy Letts, Rajiv Joseph, and Sarah Ruhl
What playwright should write a book to a musical?  Mar 1 2018, 07:40:46 PM
Rajiv Joseph
Santino Fontana to Join Hello, Dolly as Cornelius!!  Feb 21 2018, 08:53:09 PM
Count me as another vote in favor of Christian! I saw him as Cornelius in November, with Donna Murphy as Dolly, and thought he was terrific!

This is now the third time I’ve bought a ticket to see Gavin, and I never have, but I have no complaints about who I saw instead. First Jay Armstrong Johnson in Hair, then Christian, and now I’m seeing Santino in March!!! How exciting!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You