Sunset Boulevard cast

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#50Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/15/16 at 11:53pm

Good, one example. As opposed to the cast of "A View From the Bridge" , "The Crucible" , and now this show. Actors Equity really is a lousy union.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#51Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/16/16 at 2:03am

Donna McKechnie (The Wild Party), Eva Noblezada (Miss Saigon and Les Mis), Jon Jon Briones (Miss Saigon)

Donna did Wild Party?! When?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Wayman_Wong
#52Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/18/16 at 12:26am

Here's video of Michael Xavier singing 'Sunset Boulevard' in Trafalgar Square. ... (Dry ice or a foggy day in London town?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT6oEtXh7B8

Updated On: 11/18/16 at 12:26 AM

Princeton2
#53Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/18/16 at 12:52am

We also get some american names in our panto seasons each year. The book of mormon has been casting americans since it opened. 

Àssassins had an american lead as did miss saigon and he then went into show boat

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#54Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/18/16 at 1:27am

His enunciation of the word "Boulevard" is a bit annoying I must say, haha.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#55Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/18/16 at 3:00am

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Donna did Wild Party?! When?"

Next year actually

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#56Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/18/16 at 3:41pm

He is trying too hard to pronounce hard 'R's so he doesn't sound British and it makes him sound like he's not a native speaker...

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#57Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/20/16 at 11:04am

Mr. Nowack said: "He is trying too hard to pronounce hard 'R's so he doesn't sound British and it makes him sound like he's not a native speaker...

"you're right haha.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

binau Profile Photo
binau
#58Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 6:01pm

This show is just not selling, and with only 2.5 months to the first preview the clock is starting to count down. It's hard to know exactly what the issue is - do enough people know that it is happening? Is Glenn Close's performance perhaps not as legendary as it is made out to be? (she does seem to have a reputation of not being able to deliver well on the vocals and it was from a season without much competition). It could be ticket cost - but it seems like the tickets that are selling are actually the prime premium orchestra seats. The die hard fans seem to be getting their pick, but with a theatre that size the show needs to appeal to a wider audience.

If you look at the ticketmaster facebook attending sidebar - it's been 5 days since someone used it! *crickets* - It's easy to throw Ken Davenport under the bus (I assume he is involved given his new position at RUG), but I do wonder if they have made the best choices thus far. For example, announcing the show and putting ticket sales on sale immediately (isn't it better to make this two separate announcements - to build hype and generate more headlines?). If I look at their YouTube channel all the videos are a year old. Shouldn't they do another/new interview with Glenn Close talking about how excited she is to return to Broadway in the role etc.? (they did it for the West End concert).

I expect discounting soon. I hope things improve because I'm starting to wonder if they'll even be able to last the entire 16 weeks. With a 40-piece orchestra this show will not be cheap. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#59Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 12/1/16 at 11:47pm

qolbinau - I have to agree with you... I did purchase tickets for Feb 4 matinee the day they went on sale.  And have checked back  and been shocked that it doesn't look like many more tix have been sold since.  Granted, I'm remembering the first time, when I bought tickets when they were announced 8 months in advance and ended up ROW Y in the orchestra - (ridiculous)  Part of me figures that pre-Christmas, there's so much going on, they're not expecting a lot of sales - and perhaps will launch some more ad campaign post- holidays.  

The reality is, we can see lots of tickets available on ticketmaster for School of Rock and Cats and they continually gross around a million a week.  I guess people just don't buy tickets so far in advance anymore

Oh and as to the original topic (just found this thread) agree that I'm disappointed with the casting, but not surprised.  Definitely a cost-saving feat

Gabby Hayes Profile Photo
Gabby Hayes
#60Sunset Boulevard cast
Posted: 12/2/16 at 10:18pm

I guess after 20 odd years, people forget.  Look at Warren Beatty's latest film.