Show choices for April

emma3386 Profile Photo
emma3386
#1Show choices for April
Posted: 11/17/16 at 12:34pm

Hi!  I've been lucky enough to get to see most of the shows I want to see each season, but this year I have a baby and limited time on my New York trip.  I'm going April 25-29.

I have tickets to Hamilton (with the in-laws, but I'll gladly see that again), Hello Dolly, and War Paint.  I have 2 show slots left, and I can't decide between The Great Comet, Dear Evan Hansen, Amalie, and Bandstand.  I'm also wondering what I need to buy soon and what could safely wait until closer to the date.  

I'd appreciate your feedback.  Thanks!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#2Show choices for April
Posted: 11/17/16 at 12:45pm

I'd go Comet and Hansen, and I'd buy both well in advance.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#3Show choices for April
Posted: 11/17/16 at 4:56pm

I'd say Comet and Bandstand.

I saw Bandstand at Paper Mill last year and personally, I absolutely adored it. It was one of my favorite thing I saw that year. I really enjoyed Dear Evan Hansen as well, but it just wasn't a show I feel in love with.

Great Comet I'm just really excited about from things I've heard and read about it and because I've always loved Josh Groban's voice so much.

Looking forward to Amelie simply because I like the idea of that movie being turned into a musical, seems a good fit. But I know nothing about it, so I can't really recommend or not.

One other thought, I don't know when your next trip might be. By the looks of it, Great Comet might run for a while, so you could postpone that. Then again, I highly doubt Josh Groban will stay much longer than next summer, so if he's a factor for you, you should see it now.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Show choices for April
Posted: 11/17/16 at 5:29pm

The only one I'd personally take of the list is Bandstand.  (I haven't seen it, but nothing about it has even grabbed my attention.) Amelie is pretty much an unknown factor at this point, but its high on wish list.  I've seen both Comet and DEH and loved them both.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#5Show choices for April
Posted: 11/17/16 at 6:05pm

Go with Great Comet and DEH as both will be nominated in my eyes for Best Musical!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Videos