Fidel Castro Has Died

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#25Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 12:28pm

I didn't see before it was deleted- what was posted? 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#26Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 12:41pm

^Yeah, now I'm curious, common Concierge post it again and let's decide.  I believe in you.

Stephanatic

hork Profile Photo
hork
#27Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 1:31pm

Are we talking about the "didn't read" gif? I don't remember it being racist. I just thought it was atrociously douchey.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#28Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 2:20pm

The imagery of the animated gif could easily be seen as perpetuating a negative stereotype of African Americans, which is why I found it immediately rather shocking.  If it wasn't so apparent, I wonder why moderators (or BroadwayConcierge himself) hastily removed it.  Simply because it said, "Didn't Read"?  So many posts are often atrociously douchey, so why would that one specific post vanish so quickly as opposed to any other douchey post?  Just cuz?  Deleted randomly or by accident?  OMG...CONSPIRACY?!?!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 11/27/16 at 02:20 PM

hork Profile Photo
hork
#29Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 2:34pm

I don't know, maybe I didn't look at it closely enough. It was so obnoxious (even by gif standards, and they're all obnoxious to me) I couldn't look at it. I don't even remember what the guy was doing.

Updated On: 11/27/16 at 02:34 PM

South Florida
#30Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 2:37pm

So what?  He was 90 years old.  Did he make any real difference in your life?  The people in Miami are jumping in the streets.  Some of them victims of the regime, other escapees, and 90% of them born here, the offspring of the wealthy that had their privilege taken away, poor babies, like they haven't taken over Miami. Regarding his evil, let's not ever forget this was a country that was a legitimate try that was thwarted by the US at every turn.

Stephanatic

mar6411
#31Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 4:17pm

This is the thread the gif appeared in.  I imagine it'll show up some day and I think it needs to be reviewed in the context it was posted.  You need to read the original posting.  Just the gif itself does not do the outrage justice.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1097537&boardname=off&dt=15&boardid=2

And thanks Mister Matt - you are much better at describing this and engaging BC than I.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#32Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 4:33pm

I’m laughing, actually laughing, at the fact that you all would rather get your knickers in a twist about a GIF that I posted one time rather than discussing the sociopolitical implications of a despot’s death. And, moreover, that I’m the target of your politically charged focus rather than the guy who encouraged punching other people in the faces for having beliefs that don't align with the Democratic Party. So much for liberal tolerance.

What I’ll apologize for is having posted a “Didn’t Read” GIF in that thread. I should’ve posted a more clever GIF or even a full response because I did end up reading it, and I thought it was a terribly lengthy, overwritten, and horribly condescending rant against your fellow Americans. The absurd race baiting and "deplorable" rhetoric on Mister Matt’s part makes me even more compelled to stand up for my free speech in this moment.

I hope you all figure out how set your priorities straight sometime soon. Because this is truly laughable.

Mister Matt
#33Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 6:30pm

So...why do you think the gif was removed?  The gif you immediately knew I was referencing without even describing.  You are fond of making politically charged baiting rhetoric, so I don't know why you seen so offended by mine.  What's laughable is your hypocrisy, delusion and avoidance tactics.  Your condescension is wasted on me in this thread just as it is in the unsolicited PM you initiated to me.  You've already lost the moral high ground you believed you had.  The continued straw-grasping at the literal context of PJs words feigning offense at any opportunity went out of fashion when Palin lost the election for McCain.  So, laughing at something you feel is blown completely out of proportion in order to demonize an individual in a politically charged fashion is exactly what I would expect from your pattern of blatantly hypocritical behavior.  

Oh, and if you look up "deplorable", you might understand that I chose to use that word because it aptly describes how I feel about you and your gif post, not a generalization of a group. 

Won't you now please tell us all in your uniquely non-condescending way, how we should all be following your priorities.  I mean, there's nothing condescending about telling us how much better you are than us and how we should all be like you.  Right?

Meanwhile...why do you think your gif was removed if it was totally innocuous?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#34Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 9:50pm

Wasn't the (black) man from the gif in question also eating fried chicken? 

Mister Matt
#35Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 10:10pm

He was dancing and waving fried chicken.

South Florida
#36Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/27/16 at 10:53pm

Common Concierge post it, if it has been taken out of context I'll believe you.  As far as the significance of this old mans death....  You're stupid, rather not think you're a racist.

Stephanatic

Mister Matt
#37Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 11:42am

Similar, but not exactly the same.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#38Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 12:31pm

Hmmm..they deleted the gif. For cripes sake it was only a gif of a guy dancing and waving two chicken legs, geez. 

jb19662
#39Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 12:39pm

Do you have some sort of traumatic brain injury?

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#40Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 12:46pm

I think Carlos is being facetious. Count me among those who saw the GIF and found it disgusting.

Also, more on topic, count me among those who are not sad about the death of this 90-year-old asshole.

CarlosAlberto
#41Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 1:18pm

kdogg36 said: "I think Carlos is being facetious. Count me among those who saw the GIF and found it disgusting.

Also, more on topic, count me among those who are not sad about the death of this 90-year-old asshole.

Yes I was being facetious kdogg36. On the other hand jb19662 does not know the meaning of the word let alone knows how to spell it. He's way too busy obsessing over my every post on BWW and unsuccessfully trying to insult me at every turn. 

I find it most amusing. An annoying fan, but a fan nonetheless. 

jb19662
#42Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 1:51pm

You're too dumb to insult. 

Mister Matt
#43Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 1:55pm

Isn't it odd that a post of a gif that could only be considered innocuous and not racist in any way keeps getting deleted for apparently no reason?  Why on earth would it happen?  What a mystery! Carlos must be utterly shocked that it was deleted without his conset.

Updated On: 11/28/16 at 01:55 PM

CarlosAlberto
#44Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 2:13pm

Mister Matt said: "Isn't it odd that a post of a gif that could only be considered innocuous and not racist in any way keeps getting deleted for apparently no reason?  Why on earth would it happen?  What a mystery! Carlos must be utterly shocked that it was deleted without his conset.

I'm not in the least bit shocked that it was deleted without my consent. I was just curious as to why. I am well aware that the moderators on this board (and I use the term loosely) reserve the right to delete any content they deem inappropriate, offensive, etc.

You can save your uppity smugness for someone else Mister Matt. 

CarlosAlberto
#45Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 2:16pm

jb19662 said: "You're too dumb to insult. 

Talk about ironic....

As if you're the shining beacon of intelligence around these parts.

Dumbass.

jb19662
#46Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 2:25pm

Too dumb to grasp irony as well. 

Mister Matt
#47Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 2:28pm

You can save your uppity smugness for someone else Mister Matt.

Oh, believe me, it was entirely intended for someone else.  My facetiousness was not actually directed at you.

Mister Matt
#48Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 2:35pm

Here is a post of a sleepy kitten.  I wonder how long it will take before it gets mysteriously deleted without my consent.

Fidel Castro Has Died

hork Profile Photo
hork
#49Fidel Castro Has Died
Posted: 11/28/16 at 4:43pm

This thread makes me want to eat fried chicken and pet cute kitties.