pixeltracker

Room has been adapted for the stage

Room has been adapted for the stage

bigbelterbaby
#1Room has been adapted for the stage
Posted: 11/30/16 at 3:48pm

Room, a movie that came out last year that won Brie Larson an Oscar, has been adapted for the stage by the writer, Emma Donoghue, and it will premiere in 2017 in Stratford. Sounds interesting !! https://blog.womenandhollywood.com/room-to-be-adapted-for-the-stage-eec96e29015c#.os1vzyv50

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Alex Kulak2
#2Room has been adapted for the stage
Posted: 11/30/16 at 4:01pm

"Songs by Bissett and Kathryn Joseph"

Wait, so it's a musical?

I wonder if they would make this like a 2 character show. That'd be pretty chill

characterism
#3Room has been adapted for the stage
Posted: 11/30/16 at 4:33pm

When I first read this thread title my mind went to "The Room" (you're tearing me apart Lisa!).  Mercifully I was thinking of the wrong movie.  That's one adaptation the world does not need.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#4Room has been adapted for the stage
Posted: 11/30/16 at 4:38pm

I remember thinking that it would make a nice play.  I don't know how it would be as a musical, but with the right writers, anything can be a musical.

Alex Kulak2
#5Room has been adapted for the stage
Posted: 11/30/16 at 4:38pm

are you kidding me? I'd kill to see a musical version of The Room. Little-Shop it, make it a parody of itself.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#6Room has been adapted for the stage
Posted: 11/30/16 at 11:08pm

The movie was wonderful. Why do we need a stage version? Maybe as a chamber musical but otherwise what's the point?

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#7Room has been adapted for the stage
Posted: 11/30/16 at 11:35pm

Perhaps by songs they mean incidental and transitional music?

bigbelterbaby
#8Room has been adapted for the stage
Posted: 11/30/16 at 11:43pm

Well that's a silly question. Why does any film get adapted to the stage? Because it was successful and people liked it and want more of it. lol.

And yes, I would assume it's a "play, with music" which is fairly common these days.

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Videos