Stage Door on Closing Night

whizzer_wins Profile Photo
whizzer_wins
#1Stage Door on Closing Night
Posted: 12/26/16 at 9:57pm

For the closing night of a musical, do most of the actors tend to stage door?

I'm seeing Falsettos closing night and I'm hoping to meet most of the whole cast!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2Stage Door on Closing Night
Posted: 12/26/16 at 10:06pm

Stage doors at closing performances are chaotic.  Actors leaving with boxes and stuff plus family members waiting and helping them.  Lots of activity.  Actors are pleasant but with things going on unlike regular performances where they're just simply leaving the theatre for the night.  

trpguyy
#3Stage Door on Closing Night
Posted: 12/26/16 at 10:17pm

Stage dooring is just about the last thing they want to be doing right after closing a show, just keep that in mind.

VintageSnarker
#4Stage Door on Closing Night
Posted: 12/26/16 at 11:47pm

Most? Who knows? Some? Probably. I've been to a couple of closing nights and people did stage door but as with any stage door experience, I wouldn't count on people coming out. Also, closing nights tend to be particularly crowded at the stage door from my experience. It was difficult enough to just get out of the theater when I saw Falsettos. The Walter Kerr does not have a great sidewalk situation for stage dooring. Good luck though! 

musicals1989
#5Stage Door on Closing Night
Posted: 12/26/16 at 11:56pm

Stephanie does not stage door on closings. 

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#6Stage Door on Closing Night
Posted: 12/26/16 at 11:59pm

From my experiences, you're more likely to meet everyone after a closing show.  Usually, they're off to have a party.  

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Stage Door on Closing Night
Posted: 12/27/16 at 12:16am

Most of the cast of that show have never really done the stage door. However, if you go before the show all of them sign and take photos.