pixeltracker

Jennifer Holliday Will Not Perform At tRump's Inauguration- Page 9

Jennifer Holliday Will Not Perform At tRump's Inauguration

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#200Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 1:18pm

Some things are worthy of hate. Donald Trump and his scummy supporters certainly qualify.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#201Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 1:22pm

theatreguy12 said: "Ms. Holliday indeed made her decision.  And good for her for doing so.  It's a shame that tactics beyond just peer pressure played into it. People making everything from comments about her talent, and being a "has been," or whatever, to things even more vile.  It's one thing to bring to her attention things he's said and express your disapproval of her participating.  It's something quite different to call her names, put her down, or worse.  That's just resorting to the same tactics many are accusing him of.

What it comes down is man's inhumanity to man (and women).   And unfortunately that doesn't just limit itself to one side of the aisle or the other.

As a gay guy, I've seen gay men make some pretty unsavory comments about other gay guys because they didn't measure up in looks, physique, or whatever.

So IMO, D T making a harsh comment about his primary opponents is really no different than that.  It's all disrespectful. And no, I did not vote for D T.....so I have no horse in that discussion.  

Now is it a little different his being a presidential candidate and making those comments vs. some gay guy in a bar making those comments about another guy?  Sure.  And many of us didn't vote for him because of that.  

But what isn't different is the disrespect behind it.

Unfortunately there are also men on the other side of the aisle who haven't been totally respectful of their wives either, in various forms of behavior.  And some who have even been caught making comments that would put the "r" word into play as well. Including in very recent years.

So where does that leave us?  Do two wrongs make a right?  No.

But being selectively appalled does nothing to further relationships between human beings.   It just continues to divide without doing anything to solve the problem.  

Again, man's inhumanity and disrespect to man (and women) is not right, no matter what side of the aisle it's on.  And I sure hope it improves.  But I'm really....not so sure.

"this is the most thoughtful and amazing post I have seen on here in a long time. Thank you.

When They Go Low, I Go High

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#202Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 1:32pm

I consider myself left leaning but I've never seen so much hate spewed by left leaning folks than after this election.

Well, there is an unPresidented amount of stuff to hate, so it makes sense.  People, not just "left leaning", but people all over the world, leaning or leaping in either direction or those merely standing upright in the center, are reacting to an illogical and truly bizarre situation of international importance.  You'll see a lot of "I've never seen so much" being thrown around for the next several years, so you might want to buckle up and keep your arms and legs inside as we plummet down the rickety wooden roller coaster that is to be our government for the next two years, best case scenario.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#203Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 1:44pm

boonanas said: "I consider myself left leaning but I've never seen so much hate spewed by left leaning folks than after this election.  It truly is insane."

This is exactly the kind of self-righteous crap that is killing the Democratic Party. Calling the liberals and moderates who are reacting strongly to a campaign and candidate predicated ENTIRELY on hatred of others hateful is complete effing garbage. Trump was endorsed by the KKK, for G-d's sake. Expecting Hillary Clinton, a woman who has spent a lifetime being criticized for her outspokenness and her demeanor, to outright condemn the winner of a presidential election in her concession speech is ridiculous. If she had done so, you would all be critiquing her for that as well, saying how inappropriate it is for her to comment and that she should have just gracefully accepted the outcome of the election (which her opponent openly said he would not have done had the electoral college gone the other way). I'm terribly sorry that I and others refuse to endorse a fascist by way of our silence and our compliance - wait, on second thought, no I'm not. I'm not at all sorry. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#204Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 1:47pm

Jennifer Holliday on The View today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4QncjewgY

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 1/17/17 at 01:47 PM

MinnieFay
#205Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 1:54pm

"boonanas said: "I consider myself left leaning but I've never seen so much hate spewed by left leaning folks than after this election.  It truly is insane."

On the contrary --- a big part of the problem has been (and continues to be) that those most of us on the "left" have been TOO godd**ned "polite and respectful during the campaign and its ugly aftermath.  We need to start becoming as vicious and dirty as the opposition.  Trying to "make nice" hasn't worked for the past 8 years --- and it will only get worse if we don't start fighting back to take down the ENEMY.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#206Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 2:00pm

MinnieFay said: " "boonanas said: "I consider myself left leaning but I've never seen so much hate spewed by left leaning folks than after this election.  It truly is insane."

On the contrary --- a big part of the problem has been (and continues to be) that those most of us on the "left" have been TOO godd**ned "polite and respectful during the campaign and its ugly aftermath.  We need to start becoming as vicious and dirty as the opposition.  Trying to "make nice" hasn't worked for the past 8 years --- and it will only get worse if we don't start fighting back to take down the ENEMY.

BINGO. BINGO. BINGO. 

It's time to start fighting back. 

perfectlymarvelous
#207Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 2:00pm

Huss417 said: "Jennifer Holliday on The View today.

"

Did she just...casually drop the n word on national television? 

Petralicious
#208Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 2:10pm

Interesting interview where Zoe Saldana a liberal who herself was bullied by her fellow liberals for not being dark or afrocentic enough  says Bullying Trump helped get him elected.

Zoe Saldana: Hollywood bullied Trump

Los Angeles (AFP) - It isn't an opinion heard frequently in the famously liberal Hollywood, but sci-fi queen Zoe Saldana has spoken out against the acting community for bullying abrasive Donald Trump.

The "Star Trek," "Avatar" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" star -- who is not a supporter of the Republican president-elect -- believes insults flung at him during the race for the White House turned off much of middle America.

"We got cocky and became arrogant and we also became bullies," the 38-year-old actress said of Trump, who has been frequently berated himself for bullying tactics, including seemingly mocking a reporter with disabilities.

"We were trying to single out a man for all these things he was doing wrong... and that created empathy in a big group of people in America that felt bad for him and that are believing in his promises."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/zoe-saldana-hollywood-bullied-trump-035518571.html

perfectlymarvelous
#209Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 2:11pm

When you say "not being dark or afrocentric enough" do you mean people getting upset that she darkened her skin and wore prosthetics to play Nina Simone? Because I'm pretty sure it's not bullying when people call you out for doing blackface. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#210Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 2:17pm

perfectlymarvelous said: "When you say "not being dark or afrocentric enough" do you mean people getting upset that she darkened her skin and wore prosthetics to play Nina Simone? Because I'm pretty sure it's not bullying when people call you out for doing blackface. 

"

They always seem to leave out the little details when trying to make their point. Why is that I wonder?

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Petralicious
#211Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 2:19pm

She was not in Blackface. Do you even know what Blackface is?  You cheapen the word

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#212Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 5:07pm

perfectlymarvelous said: "Huss417 said: "Jennifer Holliday on The View today.

"

Did she just...casually drop the n word on national television? "

Yup. I think she said it twice. Glad she said it instead of saying "the n word".

Just give the world Love.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#213Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going
Posted: 1/17/17 at 5:29pm

Jennifer Holliday singing Come Sunday on The View.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0rADUMGFHI

Latest Posts