Bates Motel 2017

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#25Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/16/17 at 9:27am

SNAFU said: "

{Spoiler)

. Could the Madeleine we see following Norman as he left be a part of his twisted mind? He ran to the door, she followed, he left the house and sat in the car. The effect of the throat slitting was the exact same as that of the assassin (sorry, drawing a blank on his character's name). She didn't follow. Didn't even look out of the door window.

"I was trying to figure the same thing.  Is the view of Madeline getting her throat slit imaginary? or is the view of her running out afterwards imaginary? No hint in the next time on Bates Motel

When They Go Low, I Go High

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#26Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/17/17 at 11:39pm

I think the writing for this season does not disappoint. I wonder how it will all end? Me thinks he will end up with the hardware store lady and a baby.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#27Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/18/17 at 12:23pm

No, the walls are closing in on him. There are too many skeletons in the closet, so to speak. There is no "Happily Ever After" with Norman.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#28Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/18/17 at 1:55pm

I can't imagine we won't see an ending very similar to film.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#29Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/18/17 at 3:30pm

Exactly. Both Norma and Norman locked up in a padded room. Too bad Ted Knight isn't still around to reprise his role as the guard!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#30Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/18/17 at 7:16pm

I'm waiting for him to go full Norma in town. Probably during one? of the last episodes.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SmoothLover
#31Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/18/17 at 11:01pm

Sometimes an ending is written with syndication in mind.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#32Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/19/17 at 2:20am

The original had a very final ending with Norman being locked up and yet the movie had 4 (?) sequels with Anthony Perkins.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#33Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 10:00am

What do we think of Rihanna as Marion? I thought she was ok.

Psycho aired right before the show last night which made it more interesting to me.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#34Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 10:04am

Just about to watch the latest episode now, this season is so good. I'm really gonna miss this show.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Petralicious
#35Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 10:18am

Jane2 said: "What do we think of Rihanna as Marion? I thought she was ok.

Psycho aired right before the show last night which made it more interesting to me.

" Ehhh, what could have been an exciting role made into stunt casting. 

I wish her and Gaga, both that I love their music, would stop trying to act. There are plenty of real actors who would have done so much better.

Updated On: 3/21/17 at 10:18 AM

songanddanceman2
#36Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 1:47pm

Oh come on she wasn't bad at all, plus her main scenes are next week and apparently she has a few very strong scenes. It's easy to bash her and I was ready to, believe me, but she did fine (she didn't have much to do that episode).

i personally thought the episode was superb, I got tingles all the way through seeing everything come undone. The scene in the gay bar was brilliant. I'm on the edge of my seat for the rest. 

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#37Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 2:58pm

How many episodes are left?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

songanddanceman2
#38Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 5:58pm

Just 5 now, next weeks episode is called Marion so it will heavily focus on her I'm guessing, especially since it's just a 2 episode arch for Rihanna. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#39Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 6:43pm

Yeah, I won't judge her on last night's episode. It basically introduced her character. And yes, the scene in the gay bar was fascinating & jaw dropping. Brilliant writing and Highmore is amazing.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#40Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 7:51pm

I kind of liked the Hitchcock homage. In the movie, Hitchcock crossed the road while Marion is driving away with the cash one of his famous cameos. During the same time in this version, Norman sees his therapist cross the road from his car. The moment it happened I had an a ha! moment. Then of course the story continued and the Therapist played his scene.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#41Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 8:56pm

^Maybe more apropos, was Carlton Cuse's (producer/writer) cameo as the police officer.

SmoothLover
#42Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/21/17 at 11:12pm

I had been critical of Highmore in the past but I thought he handled this last episode quite well. I thought Rhianna was a bit stiff personally. The philandering husband looks so familiar. I guess I will have to do a google search.

Petralicious
#43Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/22/17 at 9:01am

SNAFU said: "I kind of liked the Hitchcock homage. In the movie, Hitchcock crossed the road while Marion is driving away with the cash one of his famous cameos. During the same time in this version, Norman sees his therapist cross the road from his car. The moment it happened I had an a ha! moment. Then of course the story continued and the Therapist played his scene.

"Yes, I was thinking that too, Especially when  they used very similar music during Marions drive to the Motel like in the Movie. Also in the movie, I think she stole $40,000.  Inflation! haha

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#44Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/22/17 at 9:52am

The cheating husband is played by Austin Nichols. Mostly known for playing Julian Baker on ONE TREE HILL & Spencer Monroe on WALKING DEAD.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#45Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/22/17 at 10:30am

Petralicious said:
"Yes, I was thinking that too, Especially when  they used very similar music during Marions drive to the Motel like in the Movie. Also in the movie, I think she stole $40,000.  Inflation! haha"

Petra, I noticed that driving in the rain too. That music was VERY similar. Can't wait to see how they incorporate the  rest of the film.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#46Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/22/17 at 2:45pm

Didn't realize that Tag.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#47Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/28/17 at 8:58pm

Interesting take on the infamous shower scene. They really needed Hitchcock's spinning glass disc when looking into the showerhead so the camera lens didn't become obscured.

songanddanceman2
#48Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/28/17 at 9:43pm

What a brilliant way to turn it on its head. This show keeps surprising me. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#49Bates Motel 2017
Posted: 3/28/17 at 11:18pm

that kitchen scene was brilliant!! Kind of saw that ending coming, but still thrilling. Can't believe there's only 4 more episodes left.