Waitress SRO/Lobby?

sondmon
#25Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/14/17 at 10:38am

Last Tuesday after striking out on a few other rushes I went to the theater at around 6PM and scored the last SRO only ticket. On my TKTS app it still said there were tickets available at 30% off so it seems like they are selling before the last ticket is sold out, but it could be the app had a lag. Anyway, I think its hard to pinpoint when they start selling and therefore can't say an exact time to show up.

sonni892
#26Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/15/17 at 9:47am

I did SRO yesterday (Sunday). I was the first one there at 9:45, the last people who got SRO tickets arrived at around 11:15 or 11:30, I'd guess. They sold us tickets at 1:15 for a 3PM show. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#27Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/25/17 at 4:50pm

Any more recent SRO reports since Sara has been in the show? Hoping to try it soon. 

KathyNYC2
#28Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/25/17 at 5:50pm

JBroadway said: "Any more recent SRO reports since Sara has been in the show? Hoping to try it soon. 

"

I don't have a report other to say it's a rare occurrence for them not to be selling standing room these last weeks. There is standing room almost if not every day. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#29Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/25/17 at 5:52pm

KathyNYC2 said: "I don't have a report other to say it's a rare occurrence for them not to be selling standing room these last weeks. There is standing room almost if not every day. "

Gotcha. Do you know if they have usually been selling SRO as soon as the box office opens like Hello, Dolly? Or do they usually not sell out until later in the day? I'm also mainly wondering what time people start lining up, etc. Thanks for the info, though!

broadwaygirl10
#30Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/25/17 at 5:56pm

I waited for SRO pretty soon after it opened (about a year ago) and they started selling SRO for the matinee (not sure about night show) half hour to curtain. Also, bc it's a Nederlander theater they don't take Discover. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#31Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/25/17 at 6:05pm

broadwaygirl10 said: "I waited for SRO pretty soon after it opened (about a year ago) and they started selling SRO for the matinee (not sure about night show) half hour to curtain. Also, bc it's a Nederlander theater they don't take Discover. "

Again, thanks for the info. But like I said, I wanted to know about how the line has been since Sara joined the cast. I also did the SRO line a year ago. 

envyadams
#32Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/25/17 at 7:01pm

I did SRO last Friday. Showed up about 3 hours before the show and got the second to last ticket. They sold the tickets about an hour before curtain.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#33Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 5/26/17 at 1:45am

I just sold a box seat back to the box office for the matinee on June 3. I think most of them have been sold out for Sara's run, but I'm headed out of town and didn't want to deal with it, so I just bought a third row orchestra when they brought the price down from $400. So, not quite rush, but for $99... not bad. Left Box C, seat 1.

Kathryn Wilson
#34Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 6/2/17 at 12:15pm

So I am debating on risking it for the biscuit for cheap, or speading a crap ton. So, I am flying into NYC today, and land in LGA at 442pm. So, I will make it to the theatre around 545 or so. I dont know if I should buy tickets for waitress' showing tonight, or see if I can get sro seats...suggestions?

KathyNYC2
#35Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 6/2/17 at 2:02pm

Kathryn Wilson said: "So I am debating on risking it for the biscuit for cheap, or speading a crap ton. So, I am flying into NYC today, and land in LGA at 442pm. So, I will make it to the theatre around 545 or so. I dont know if I should buy tickets for waitress' showing tonight, or see if I can get sro seats...suggestions?

"

I'm guessing that will be too late for standing room, my friend tried yesterday but was told the last standing room went at 3 pm with the first when the box office opened  (and it was not even a weekend).

JSquared2
#36Waitress SRO/Lobby?
Posted: 6/2/17 at 5:06pm

Kathryn Wilson said: "So I am debating on risking it for the biscuit for cheap, or speading a crap ton. So, I am flying into NYC today, and land in LGA at 442pm. So, I will make it to the theatre around 545 or so. I dont know if I should buy tickets for waitress' showing tonight, or see if I can get sro seats...suggestions?"

Is there a screening of the film somewhere tonight?  If not, there isn't a "showing" --- there's a performance.