Stage Dooring

smidge
#50Stage Dooring
Posted: 4/6/17 at 11:05am

Haterobics is correct.  Some performers would rather you donate for an autograph during the collection period. 

Updated On: 4/6/17 at 11:05 AM

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#51Stage Dooring
Posted: 4/6/17 at 11:17am

How often do creatives come to the stage door during previews? I am seeing Bandstand tonight and wondering if Andy Blankenbuehler will come out. Anyone have any experiences for this to share?

kevinr
#52Stage Dooring
Posted: 4/6/17 at 12:30pm

Wondering if anyone met Cynthia Nixon, Laura Linney or Laurie Metcalf after their respective plays?  I am seeing these shows in June and admire these 3 ladies.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#53Stage Dooring
Posted: 4/6/17 at 12:32pm

sgreen3 said: "How often do creatives come to the stage door during previews? I am seeing Bandstand tonight and wondering if Andy Blankenbuehler will come out. Anyone have any experiences for this to share?"

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone come out the stage door who wasn't in the cast or orchestra.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

hanabana
#54Stage Dooring
Posted: 4/6/17 at 12:40pm

The only time I have seen producers/composers/lyricists come to the stage door is at a closing performance of a show.  However, I would imagine that you have a better chance during previews as opposed to during the rest of the show's run, especially since Bandstand just started performances a few days ago.  Best of luck!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#55Stage Dooring
Posted: 4/6/17 at 12:52pm

I have a Hairspray poster from Seattle where I got all the creatives to sign it on opening weekend, with Marc Shaiman pushing Trey Parker from South Park to sign it, too (since he said the South Park movie inspired them on how far you could push the boundaries or somesuch). I asked him to draw a South Park character on it with a bouffant hairdo. He did, and signed underneath it.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#56Stage Dooring
Posted: 4/6/17 at 2:45pm

kevinr said: "Wondering if anyone met Cynthia Nixon, Laura Linney or Laurie Metcalf after their respective plays?  I am seeing these shows in June and admire these 3 ladies.

"

Saw both of them in different plays at MTC- Friedman (Nixon in WIT and Metcalf in THE OTHER PLACE)

Nixon was as sweet as someone could be for hanging outside with a completely bald head in the middle of January. She likes to personalize whatever she signs, which is sweet, but also I think it's to prevent resale (because of the SATC wingnuts). Metcalf stayed and talked to us for a bit about the show and was lovely when signing. She seems very invested in the work she is doing and willing to talk about the journey she takes with the show.

Linney I've contacted by mail and she quick-turned around my Les Liaisons Dangereuses Playbill in about a week

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm