Bandstand Rush Reports

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#75Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 8/26/17 at 12:38am

Finally saw tonight. Curiously unmoved. Pleasant enough story and nice music. Just didnt get enough oomph for my buck. And the ending just trails off flat. Odd show. Blank's choreo makes a lot out of not much. 

chuckydisc
#76Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 8/26/17 at 9:04am

Skip23 said: "Finally saw tonight. Curiously unmoved. Pleasant enough story and nice music. Just didnt get enough oomph for my buck. And the ending just trails off flat. Odd show. Blank's choreo makes a lot out of not much. "

And this has to do with the rush line how ... ?

ewilson3
#77Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/2/17 at 4:11pm

yaoqian said: "Any reports now that it has announced its closing date? Planning to go next wednesday"

Yaoqian - what was it like when you rushed?

#78Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/3/17 at 7:45pm

I rushed yesterday (Saturday 9/2). Went to the box office at 11:30 AM for my rush ticket. They had at least two options, but I opted for the $35 partial box. Before the show started, the usher told us we could move at intermission if there were empty seats (there were, so I picked it out before intermission so I knew where to move). I was in Box 1 (on stage left), and thought my view would be better elsewhere so I moved at intermission. If you are thinking of getting rush tickets, I would choose box seats on Stage right, there is a lot of action that happens on stage left for Bandstand so it felt more partial view. Thankfully I was able to see most of it anyway, but it was definitely nicer to move after intermission to get a full view of the stage. I saw the Color Purple in the Jacobs twice as well, and I love how close you feel to the actors, so that's an advantage and I enjoyed seeing the emotion, especially of

*just to clarify, stage left = the right side of the stage as an audience member, in case that wasn't clear already. didn't want to assume.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#79Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/3/17 at 8:12pm

@korenglish

What were the other options that were offered to you? I am probably going to rush this week.

Thanks.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

#80Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/3/17 at 8:17pm

Orchestra partial, I think by that point they must have been out of mezzanine rush tickets. And I noticed the mezzanine was pretty full Saturday matinee, but there were plenty of orchestra seats on the sides available.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#81Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/3/17 at 8:53pm

Got there at 11:50 on Wednesday. Had 3 tickets left for the daytime. Choose side Mezz (Row D, Seat Bandstand Rush Reports . Perfect view!

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#82Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/3/17 at 9:27pm

Thanks both for the info. I'm going to get in the city around 12:30PM on Wednesday and going to go right over to the theatre but looking for tickets for the evening show. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

yaoqian
#83Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/3/17 at 11:29pm

bought rush tickets last Sunday, 8/27. I couldn't make it to NY until half an hour before curtain so I asked my friend, who was rushing for CFA, to just check with the box office after she bought her tickets for CFA. Sure enough, there were rush tickets left after she got her tickets at CFA and went to bandstand (which was about 12:40). The rush tickets were the $49 option (we were also offered the partial view rush but declined it) they were front mezzanine on the extreme side, but was still full view. can't remember the exact seat and my ticket stub is not with me right now.

Updated On: 9/3/17 at 11:29 PM

Paciencia y fe Profile Photo
Paciencia y fe
#84Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/4/17 at 10:36am

I rushed Bandstand last Tuesday, 8/29. Got to the box office late, around 5, and was able to get Mezz, Row D, far left for $49. I may have missed some action on extreme stage right, but I don't think I missed much. An usher said I could move into any empty seat, but I didn't see any that looked better than the one I already had. The next day my daughter got to the box office at about the same time, but there weren't any rush tickets left. Probably because it was a 2 show day.

ewilson3
#85Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/4/17 at 10:40am

Awesome thanks!  Now I don't have to get up so early like I thought to be at box office. It will be the last week of the show but as long as it isn't closing night I should be good!

reyannalisa
#86Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/10/17 at 1:07pm

Rushed today (Sunday, 9/10) and arrived 12:20. Probably 30th in line and got $49 Metz full view F 7

elizzieb97
#87Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/14/17 at 9:23am

Anybody have any idea when people will start lining up for rush on Sunday? I want to see it one last time and I'm trying to decide whether I would be able to rush the closing performance or if I should just go the day before instead.

ewilson3
#88Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/14/17 at 10:01am

We passed by this morning at 9:50 and there are 20 people in line.  I actually rushed this past Sunday and got there 2 hours early and was 8th in line.   By 10 there were prob 30-40 in line but I think most if not all got tickets.  Granted closing day is a different situation but if you are willing to show up at least 2 hours before box office opens I don't see a problem with you getting a rush ticket

niegeb
#89Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/14/17 at 1:36pm

does anyone know if I would have a chance if I go to the box office today (thursday) around 5 to get a rush ticket? were they sold out in the morning?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#90Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/14/17 at 2:16pm

When I went last Weds (9/6) around noon for that evening rush. Box office said rush was all sold out but they offered us $59.00 side orch which we grabbed. 

Updated On: 9/14/17 at 02:16 PM

niegeb
#91Bandstand Rush Reports
Posted: 9/14/17 at 2:54pm

good to know, thank you!