pixeltracker

Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena- Page 2

Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#25Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 8:19am

Contrast with the Queen's statement:

"The whole nation has been shocked by the death and injury in Manchester last night of so many people, adults and children, who had just been enjoying a concert.

"I know I speak for everyone in expressing my deepest sympathy to all who have been affected by this dreadful event and especially to the families and friends of those who have died or were injured.

"I want to thank all the members of the emergency services, who have responded with such professionalism and care.

"And I would like to express my admiration for the way the people of Manchester have responded, with humanity and compassion, to this act of barbarity."

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#26Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 8:20am

ISIS often claims responsibility for terror attacks they have nothing to do with- it's a way of stoking fear, not actual proof.

Until there is any actual word from authorities, it is utterly pointless to assume this attacker was Muslim. This is a tragedy and it's sickening how the first impulse of some of you is to cast blame on Muslims. Some of you should be ashamed that that's your first reaction.

It is heartening to see the response from the city of Manchester, taking kids into their home if they've been lost in the chaos. Like the Pulse attack, this makes me truly sad- most of the people are this concert we're kids trying to have a fun night out. Awful in every respect. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#27Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 8:24am

He's says a lot of dumb stuff but he's spot on with that statement as opposed to the Queen who seems to be just ignoring the real issue at hand. The world eventually has to wake up and fix this problem. 

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#28Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 8:34am

wizard said "This is a tragedy and it's sickening how the first impulse of some of you is to cast blame on Muslims. Some of you should be ashamed that that's your first reaction."

Speaking for my own reaction - !. I am not ashamed of anything.

2. When I first learned of this event, I had no first reaction as to who was to blame. What was reported was that a suicide bomber did it. Was that from an authority, wizard? I don't know, I don't automatically believe anything I hear.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Broadway Joe
#29Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 8:40am

wonderfulwizard11 said: "Until there is any actual word from authorities, it is utterly pointless to assume this attacker was Muslim. This is a tragedy and it's sickening how the first impulse of some of you is to cast blame on Muslims. Some of you should be ashamed that that's your first reaction.

"

Because this is what they do, of course it was a Muslim. Suicide vests are their speciality. Just because you want to ignore the real problem at hand doesn't mean you should be outraged at people pointing out the obvious. 

wonderfulwizard11
#30Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 8:40am

That it was a suicide bomber was reported from authorities, yes. Beyond that, nothing further has been reported- no identity, no motive. Is it possible that the attacker was Muslim? Of course. But jumping to conclusions in instances of terrorism serves absolutely no one. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#31Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 8:44am

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 12/19/19 at 08:44 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#32Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:14am

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 12/19/19 at 09:14 AM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#33Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:19am

" Laws should be sharpened, and kids in school should be taught that a person's identity does not come from religion. That those are 2 separate things. Until we start teaching THAT, nothing will be resolved."

This also goes for the gays in Atjeh, Indonesia who are publicly humiliated with 81 stick beatings each on a public stage right now, and In Mosul, Iraq, where gays are thrown off rooftops of high buildings DAILY at the moment, with loud clapping and cheering of audiences. The laws there are defined by Islam and 99% of the population is Muslim.

But of course there's only peace and those acts come from some bad exceptions (while the law and police and the rest of the country is cheering and clapping and actually organizing the events).

Updated On: 5/23/17 at 09:19 AM

@z5
#34Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:23am

These are the exact type of attacks the religion f peace has used for years throughout israel. They need to be wiped out already.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#35Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:25am

Updated On: 12/19/19 at 09:25 AM

wonderfulwizard11
#36Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:27am

@z5 said: "These are the exact type of attacks the religion f peace has used for years throughout israel. They need to be wiped out already."

Thank you for literally calling for ethnic cleansing. 

You all realize that responses like this are what drive these attacks further? The more you generalize all Muslims as terrorists, the easier it is for ISIS to recruit people. The message of ISIS is that the Western World is at war with Islam, and the more things like the post above are said, the easier it is for that message to seem true. But enjoy your smug righteousness! Let me know when that starts helping. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#37Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:35am

Updated On: 12/19/19 at 09:35 AM

Miss American Profile Photo
Miss American
#38Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:43am

Look at the Lil Bernie Bro making that right-wing pivot. You go girl!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#39Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:49am

Miss American said: "Look at the Lil Bernie Bro making that right-wing pivot. You go girl!

"

Please. As I've said countless times here my perspective is from the rational, scientific atheist perspective that neither party represents - certainly not the 'right wing' parties. The Republican Party and Islam are two sides of the same coin. Trump should be adopting the ideology with open arms to help him carry out his anti gay anti women agenda. 

In the case of forwarding a secularist atheist agenda - that we deeply need in any modern society - we are let down by all. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#40Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:53am

adamgreer said: "Why is everyone assuming this was an Islamic terrorist? "

Sadly, how can you not think it was a terrorist attack? I mean, someone randomly bombing a concert filled with little girls and teenagers? With what’s going on the last couple of years, how is that just a coincidence? We’re just lucky that the accident in NYC was just a random drunk person. 

This was so damn sad and heartbreaking. My heart goes out to Ariana and the little ones and their families.

Updated On: 5/23/17 at 09:53 AM

Miss American Profile Photo
Miss American
songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#42Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:57am

Wow, this thread makes me as sick as what's happening in my city right now. Maybe take a moment and let it sink in that one victim was eight years old who was just enjoying a pop concert. 

We don't start screaming and ranting and raving here in Manchester about religion etc. We are a loving city of all religions, diversity and acceptance. We are a loving proud city that came together like I've never seen before. The person who did this is scum, no matter what their religion. It's come from a place of hate, that's what we know for sure. Islamic State have claimed responsibility and it would make sense as Manchester is a huge target here in the U.K., especially because of how diverse we are.

So instead of insulting each other and throwing stupid comments around, instead of pushing political agendas and opinions, why not react like my great city with love. The bodies of children are still in the arena, let that sink in before you post.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Liza's Headband
#43Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:58am

wonderfulwizard11 said: "@z5 said: "These are the exact type of attacks the religion f peace has used for years throughout israel. They need to be wiped out already."

Thank you for literally calling for ethnic cleansing. 

You all realize that responses like this are what drive these attacks further? The more you generalize all Muslims as terrorists, the easier it is for ISIS to recruit people. The message of ISIS is that the Western World is at war with Islam, and the more things like the post above are said, the easier it is for that message to seem true. But enjoy your smug righteousness! Let me know when that starts helping. 
"

And the more you attempt to ignore the root problem, the more pervasive this ideology becomes. It is time to acknowledge that the religion of Islam is at a time of reckoning and must go through its own reformation; just as Christianity once did. No religion is immune to this. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#44Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 9:59am

Updated On: 12/19/19 at 09:59 AM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#45Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 10:01am

wonderfulwizard11 said: "
You all realize that responses like this are what drive these attacks further? The more you generalize all Muslims as terrorists, the easier it is for ISIS to recruit people. The message of ISIS is that the Western World is at war with Islam, and the more things like the post above are said, the easier it is for that message to seem true. But enjoy your smug righteousness! Let me know when that starts helping. "

Do you know what is easy for ISIS? People obeying and sitting quiet in the corner, and going against people that speak out. Like you do.

So basically, you support ISIS this way.

Nobody says that all muslims are terrorists. We say that all people who blame their god for their actions, good AND bad, is not taking responsibility and thinks their identity is formed by religion.

You can throw gays off roofs and blow youself up all you like, but "because god says so" won't do for a reason. In any case, it won't make your mind human.

Updated On: 5/23/17 at 10:01 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#46Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 10:03am

Song and dance, the tragedy of the loss of these young people notwithstanding, I don't see a problem in discussing/debating such a grave and timely topic as terrorism.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

binau Profile Photo
binau
#47Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 10:04am

Updated On: 12/19/19 at 10:04 AM

Broadway Joe
#48Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 10:13am

songanddanceman2 said: "We don't start screaming and ranting and raving here in Manchester about religion etc. We are a loving city of all religions, diversity and acceptance. We are a loving proud city that came together like I've never seen before. The person who did this is scum, no matter what their religion. It's come from a place of hate, that's what we know for sure. Islamic State have claimed responsibility and it would make sense as Manchester is a huge target here in the U.K., especially because of how diverse we are."

That aspect of diversity is the root of all these issues to begin with. 

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#49Deaths, injuries after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena
Posted: 5/23/17 at 10:16am

Can all of you please shut the fvck up and respect the fact that there are people who have died?  This isn't the place for your argument.  Take the twitter, take it to tumblr, take it to another thread... just take it away from here.

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 5/23/17 at 10:16 AM