pixeltracker

Great Comet closing in January?- Page 3

Great Comet closing in January?

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#50Great Comet closing in January?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 12:05pm

Robyn Wright or Cate Blanchett as Marya Dmitrievna.

I could do this all day.

Jarethan
#51Great Comet closing in January?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 9:13pm

DeepVSexyWitch2 said: "It's selling just fine. It's average gross potential is around 85%. Just because a show isn't selling out, especially in a barn of a theatre like the Imperial, doesn't mean it's not selling. 

The Imperial only has 1100 seats for this production, according to the Grosses chart.  Moot point: we are going to know two different times re how much impact: right after he leaves and around the third week of August, based on the last few years.

Kitzka
#52Great Comet closing in January?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 9:39pm

I know some don't think of Ingrid as a big star and in some circles she isn't. But when my 19 year old heard that Ingrid was going to be in it she and a group of 5 friends made plans to go see the show. 

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#53Great Comet closing in January?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 9:49pm

Kitzka said: "I know some don't think of Ingrid as a big star and in some circles she isn't. But when my 19 year old heard that Ingrid was going to be in it she and a group of 5 friends made plans to go see the show. 

"

I've actually been thinking about this. Each time I've gone, I feel like I'm one of the only people there under the age of of twenty. Ingrid's fans are largely girls in their late teens, which I think is a demographic the show has been missing so far (probably in part to most teen theatergoers being ride or die DEH fans this season). And when teens go to shows, they usually either a.) travel in a group or b.) drag a parent along with them, which means more tickets. This could be a better move by the producers than I originally thought. 

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 09:49 PM

BroadwayBaby4
#54Great Comet closing in January?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 10:42pm

I agree that Ingrid can definitely bring in a new audience. I'm personally obsessed with Great Comet, but haven't been able to convince any of my friends to go. The second they found out about Ingrid, my whole group of friends was ready to buy tickets. Hoping this will be the case for many.