Book of Mormon lotto

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#1Book of Mormon lotto
Posted: 7/14/17 at 12:25pm

hi all! I'm coming to NYC this August and I'm flying in on a Sunday morning, hopefully getting rush for Play That Goes Wrong, and then hopefully I will head over and try to win the lotto for BOM! I was wondering how hard it is to win, because there aren't many other shows that have a Sunday night show and I was hoping to see something. Thanks!

Updated On: 7/14/17 at 12:25 PM

Notreallysilent 2
#2Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 12:41pm

It is okay. There are many people that go, but they give a good amount of tickets at least the times I've gone. I went one time when they gave out 42 tickets! If you get to the lottery a little bit before 2 and a half hours you could enter the SRO line. It's right next to lottery so enter the lottery and then just get in line! They use a microphone so you'll be able to hear if your name is called. SRO is $27 so it's definitely worth it! Good luck hope you get tickets!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 1:13pm

It's not as hard as it used to be, but as Notreallysilent just said, the SRO line is a very good option. That definitely is not as long a wait as it used to be.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#4Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 1:22pm

Also, the standing room at the Eugene O'Neill is quite good. At $27, it's a steal, and the sight lines are better than some of the seats on the extreme sides.

LizzieCurry
#5Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 1:34pm

Yep. I've sat in the last row of the orchestra once and saw WAY less than I did standing.

Leaf Coneybear
#6Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 1:37pm

So I can enter the lotto and then go right into the SRO line? How likely would you say it is that I get SRO? Thanks!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#7Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 1:57pm

You can start out in the standing room line and then the lotto person will come over and give those in standing room slips to enter the lottery. This makes it so that even if you don't win lotto, you're already in line for standing room. As everyone above me has pointed out, standing room is a great option and a very good view of the show for cheap. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#8Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 2:07pm

You can enter the digital lottery in advance and if you win that (you find out the day before) you wont even have to go through all that. But if you don't then definitley do the in-person and if no luck there, do standing room. $27 to stand is much better than $50 for partial view.

Notreallysilent 2
#9Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 2:07pm

If you get in line a little bit before the lottery you should be good. A lot of people realize there is a SRO line after entering and to there, so it gets long as more people enter the lottery. You said you were trying for a Sunday evening right? So in that case you can start entering the lottery at 4:30. Maybe if you get there at 4:15 you should be solid. 

LizzieCurry
#10Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 2:39pm

Leaf Coneybear said: "So I can enter the lotto and then go right into the SRO line? How likely would you say it is that I get SRO? Thanks!"

Usually there are around 25 spots for SRO. Depending on the weather, you may not need to be there until about 3 hours before curtain. Sometimes even one.

10086Sundays
#11Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 2:44pm

TheThreadMaster said: "You can enter the digital lottery in advance and if you win that (you find out the day before) you wont even have to go through all that. But if you don't then definitley do the in-person and if no luck there, do standing room. $27 to stand is much better than $50 for partial view."

Emphasis mine.  I agree with everyone that you should be there around 3 hours before and get in the SRO line, then do the lotto.  But once the front seats are gone, if they pull your name, opt for SRO instead.  The partial views are terrible.

LizzieCurry
#12Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:36pm

Where were the partial view lotto seats you got? I won the twitter lotto once and ended up on the extreme right with partial-view seats, but it didn't feel all that partial to me. I've of course seen the show a lot, so I knew what I was missing, but I wouldn't have called that particular seat terrible. (My friend, who sat further in, said she didn't feel like she missed anything important, and it was her first time.)

Leaf Coneybear
#13Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:41pm

I've actually seen the show a couple times already too, so maybe partial view wouldn't be horrible for me. 

10086Sundays
#14Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:51pm

I was in the house right box that is second from the stage.  It was one of the interior chairs, not against the railing, so it was one of the tall ones.  I found it somewhat uncomfortable and I was at the mercy of the person in front of me.  Every time they moved, I had to as well in order to be able to see.  Honestly, it was more about the chair itself, which at least can be moved in order to get a somewhat better view and so you can angle it towards the stage, the comfort factor is an issue. For me at least.

Having done SRO as well, if I were to do it again, I'd pick SRO.  Or, I'd still do the lotto, but if I got offered the box again, decline it.

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#15Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 7/14/17 at 6:29pm

LizzieCurry said: "Where were the partial view lotto seats you got?

I think i got orchestra row E right the last two seats. terrible view. Should not be priced $50

greenifyme2
#16Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 12/8/17 at 8:17am

Went to enter the phantom online lotto and a couple this morning but no lotto is available right now for them . Wondering if they took it away for the busy season. Anyone know if the BOM in-person lotto is still going on?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#17Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 12/8/17 at 8:46am

^Yes, the in person lottery is very much still going. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 12/8/17 at 08:46 AM

greenifyme2
#18Book of Mormon lottp
Posted: 12/8/17 at 8:47am

Thank you!