pixeltracker

I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton- Page 2

I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#25I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/23/17 at 2:05pm

Yeah, it's all about personal preference, no one can call you crazy for liking what you do. Everyone has different viewpoints and experiences which inform what they like, and these are unique to everyone. The only thing making you "crazy" is feeling like you need validation for your own preferences. Happy listening!

Owen22
#26I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/23/17 at 2:30pm

"I'm not a pot stirrer, I like to discuss.  Isn't that why this board exists?  To discuss all things Broadway.  You don't need to act like a baby because someone has a different opinion.  Calm down, no one is trying to stir your pot."

This paragraph proves distinctly you're a pot stirrer. Obviously you posted just so someone would disagree with you and you could respond thus.  How old are you?

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#27I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/23/17 at 4:53pm

Well I jog in the morning and Waitress is a great album to jog to. It has an "I want" song ("What Baking Can Do" "When He Sees Me"I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton, a funny song ("Never Ever Getting Rid of Me" "I Love You Like a Table"I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton, a big belting 11 o'clock number ("She Used to Be Mine"I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton, and a great song for unwinding and feeling good about your post-workout body ("Everything Changes"I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton. So there's that ...

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#28I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/23/17 at 5:04pm

Owen22 said: "
"I'm not a pot stirrer, I like to discuss.  Isn't that why this board exists?  To discuss all things Broadway.  You don't need to act like a baby because someone has a different opinion.  Calm down, no one is trying to stir your pot."

This paragraph proves distinctly you're a pot stirrer. Obviously you posted just so someone would disagree with you and you could respond thus.  How old are you?
"

I'm old and retired.  How old are you that you couldn't read a full conversation and instead chose to pull a random post that I made out of it and analyze it out of context?  I posted my opinion, discussed my opinion in a civilized fashion and got called a "pot stirrer" for posting it.  I would hardly say that I'm the pot stirrer here.

Your comment really makes absolutely no sense at all.  I didn't pop out of the blue with that statement.  I simply said that I don't find the mixing on that album to be "atrocious" and got attacked for it and that statement was my response to someone calling me a "pot stirrer."

I'm actually certainly not the one stirring the pot in this situation.  Never was.  I was confronted first, sweetheart.

Updated On: 7/23/17 at 05:04 PM

LunaEstelle
#29I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/23/17 at 5:49pm

@GeorgeandDot -

I have been regularly lurking these boards for many years before I actually caved in and made an account. Ever since you joined, I have seen you quite often "stirring the pot" in many threads. However, you of course will never admit to it. When someone has an opinion that differs from yours, or calls you out on something, or says anything that even remotely rubs you the wrong way, you resort to becoming hostile, insulting people, and then baiting them with demeaning and condescending comments. Ie, calling people babies or using the term "sweetheart" in a condescending way - the way in which someone would talk to a stupid child. The fact that you openly admitted that you are old and retired does no favors for you. I am not surprised that someone called your age into question and inquired about it. Many of us probably assumed you were a grumpy teenager or young adult, full of angst and hostility fueled by unstable hormones. But, now that we know that you are "old and retired", as you claim to be, it more or less shows that maturity and age don't always have a correlation. 

Also, you are always so quick to defend your own opinion and even back up your own rude and demeaning comments, and I quote: "I like to discuss.  Isn't that why this board exists?  To discuss all things Broadway.  You don't need to act like a baby because someone has a different opinion."

And with this logic, I have seen you on many posts berate people and belittle them, all under the guise of "You can't get offended at my statements because it's my opinion! Don't be mad if I say something you don't like or something that offends you!"

Yet, when someone has a differing opinion from yours or when someone says something that ruffles your feathers even a tiny bit, you become hostile and are even claiming that you are being "attacked" on a free speech internet forum. Yet, in the same sentence where you will claim that everyone is "attacking" you, you will continuously go on to throw a tantrum, insult people, and attack them right back. You don't seem to like it when anyone on this forum gives you any sort of taste of your own medicine, do you? Yet, you have no problem giving everyone else a taste of theirs. 

Yes, you are the residential pot stirrer. I have been lurking on this site since I was a teenager. I am now in my mid-20s. You take the cake as far as pot stirrers go. Sorry if my post "attacked" you in any way. Feel free to call me a baby or anything else that you want to. I can guarantee you that I will not lose any sleep over it. Feel free to respond with a witty, well-thought-out reply where you take low blows at me and find some way to subtly insult me and insult my intelligence. That seems to be your forte, so, have a ball. I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton 

Updated On: 7/23/17 at 05:49 PM

GeorgeandDot
#30I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/23/17 at 6:07pm

I honestly had no idea that liking the mixing of the Waitress album would genuinely trigger so many people.  I really have no idea what I said in this thread to deserve such backlash.  I got confrontational after I was confronted for absolutely no reason.

Also, nice way to make your debut on this board.  I'm passionate and will get into a heated debate on the topic of Broadway.  I didn't realize that, that was such a terrible thing.  I'm old enough that I have been through some shit and if you think that I'm too harsh you don't get out enough.  I'm not a pot stirrer.  If I see an opinion that I disagree with, I may want to have a discussion.  Demeaning comments enter the discussion when the other person becomes confrontational.  Anyways, I didn't stir the pot.  Others are stirring my pot.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#31I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/23/17 at 6:34pm

Dearie, you started all of this remember. You responded to my comment, I responded to yours (rather calmly might i add) and then it escalated from there. Twice I admitted that you had the right to your opinion but you just got nastier.

And my original comment about pot stirring was not even talking about this isolated thread, but rather a pattern of pot stirring I've seen for weeks.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

GeorgeandDot
#32I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/23/17 at 6:46pm

Look, I've blocked all involved in this little bashing session, so please don't attempt to confront me any further.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#33I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/24/17 at 2:56am

it's poorly mixed, deal with it

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

GeorgeandDot
#34I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/24/17 at 4:19am

gypsy101 said: "it's poorly mixed, deal with it"

Fix your speakers.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#35I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/24/17 at 4:21am

i use Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones, so my speakers are not the issue.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

GeorgeandDot
#36I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/24/17 at 4:23am

You may want to explore another brand.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#37I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/24/17 at 10:07am

But you aren't the problem.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#38I listen to Waitress more than Hamilton
Posted: 7/24/17 at 3:50pm

LOL GeorgeandDot is still going. At least I didn't get so pissy in my retorts.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated