pixeltracker

Caroline, or Change: "That old copper statue?... 'Honorin' the brave Confed'rate Soldier'"- Page 4

Caroline, or Change: "That old copper statue?... 'Honorin' the brave Confed'rate Soldier'"

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#75Caroline, or Change:
Posted: 8/25/17 at 9:14am

Valentina3 said: "No one's mentioned Shanice Williams yet."

No one ever mentions Shanice Williams.

But seriously, she fell off the face of the Earth after getting rave reviews from The Wiz. She'd be a great pick for Emmie.

Updated On: 8/25/17 at 09:14 AM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#76Caroline, or Change:
Posted: 8/25/17 at 9:26am

I think although Emmie is fifteen it really does require an actress of real depth and maturity most likely gained from lived experience for most of her scenes, so I can see why Anika Noni Rose was cast even though she was in her early 30s and why some think of an older actress who can pass for young in their casting.

Updated On: 8/25/17 at 09:26 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#77Caroline, or Change:
Posted: 8/25/17 at 10:36am

Danielle Brooks strikes me more of a Dottie than a Caroline.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#78Caroline, or Change:
Posted: 8/25/17 at 10:37am

If Denee Benton could belt, she'd also be a no-brainer to me.

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#79Caroline, or Change:
Posted: 8/27/17 at 2:40pm

Could Idina Menzel play the brittleness of Rose Gellman?

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#80Caroline, or Change:
Posted: 8/27/17 at 3:55pm

I would absolutely love a revival of my favorite Broadway show of all time, but for it to be successful, it has to have an A-list star.  My dreamcast starts with Mary J. Blige.  She has the stamina to sing this demanding score 8 times a week, she's getting great buzz from the upcoming "Mudbound," and anyone who has seen her live knows what an incredible performer she is.  I'm getting chills imagining her "Lot's Wife."  I know it's not likely, but I can dream.

I have enjoyed some Doyle productions, but I would be very disappointed if they "deconstructed" this in any way.  I want a full-on production of this masterpiece.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#81Caroline, or Change:
Posted: 8/27/17 at 3:57pm

round2 said: "Could Idina Menzel play the brittleness of Rose Gellman?"

No.