pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18
Posted: 2/13/18 at 9:22am

Jason Shatz, RippedMan, and newintown: All three of you hit the nail on the head accurately and... accurately.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18
Posted: 2/13/18 at 9:57am

I thought SpongeBob was delightful, but I understand why it's not doing well. I wish it would be doing so much better, but there's enough going against it. Too bad!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18
Posted: 2/13/18 at 10:05am

I think the main problem with spongebob is that the TV shows audience is just too old now. It began airing in the 90’s so all those who watched it as a kid are in their late teens to mid 20’s.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18
Posted: 2/13/18 at 10:07am

My boss is in her late 20s and said she didn't really grow up with the TV show, but loved the musical (she went this weekend). She even watched an episode when she got home! But I think you're right — not enough nostalgia factor with the right demographic.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18
Posted: 2/13/18 at 10:29am

I think it's also a question of target audience. Most New Yorkers are going to avoid something if they think it's aimed at children and families, that they'll be surrounded by noisy kids in the theatre. And frankly, from the time I went, that's not untrue.

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18
Posted: 2/13/18 at 10:40am

Personally, I found it to be excessively LOUD; literally from start to finish.

Jason Shatz
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18
Posted: 2/13/18 at 6:23pm

BJR said: "I think it's also a question of target audience. Most New Yorkers are going to avoid something if they think it's aimed at children and families, that they'll be surrounded by noisy kids in the theatre. And frankly, from the time I went, that's not untrue."

I disagree a little bit with that statement.  Granted, the cost of attending a Broadway show is often high, especially when you're trying to get tickets for your family and that includes one or more children.  But the goal of creating content that can attract children and families with young children is a worthy one.  Don't we want to introduce children to the theatrical experience?  (The 'noisy kids' concern is a separate question of etiquette.)

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/18
Posted: 2/13/18 at 10:41pm

Jake doesn't seem to be helping Kinky. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello