Telecharge is the WORST

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#25Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/14/18 at 9:10am

I've been trying for 3 weeks to upgrade my seats with Ticketmaster (for the same performance) of Angels in America and I get the runaround every time I try. Yet there are frequent posts in the Angels thread about other people doing the same thing. Driving me crazy.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#26Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/14/18 at 9:28am

DOUBLE POST

Updated On: 3/14/18 at 09:28 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#27Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/14/18 at 9:30am

Eliza2 said: "I've been trying for 3 weeks to upgrade my seats with Ticketmaster (for the same performance) of Angels in America and I get the runaround every time I try. Yet there are frequent posts in the Angels thread about other people doing the same thing. Driving me crazy."

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but have you used the arts line, 800-982-2787? I've called them twice within the last 2 days, and they've been very helpful.

stevie3
#28Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/14/18 at 9:33am

the reason why they are the worst is that they are too busy buying tickets for themselves and selling them on stubhub and other sites.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#29Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/14/18 at 9:42am

CT2NYC said: "Eliza2 said: "I've been trying for 3 weeks to upgrade my seats with Ticketmaster (for the same performance) of Angels in America and I get the runaround every time I try. Yet there are frequent posts in the Angels thread about other people doing the same thing. Driving me crazy."

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but have you used the arts line, 800-982-2787? I've called them twice within the last 2 days, and they've been very helpful.
"

Have you been using that for exchanges? I've been calling the number on their website listed for exchanges 800-653-8000

Currently on hold again as I asked to speak to a supervisor because the guy is telling me he can't sell a "platinum" ticket over the phone. So frustrating.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#30Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/14/18 at 10:11am

Eliza2 said: "CT2NYC said: "Eliza2 said: "I've been trying for 3 weeks to upgrade my seats with Ticketmaster (for the same performance) of Angels in America and I get the runaround every time I try. Yet there are frequent posts in the Angels thread about other people doing the same thing. Driving me crazy."

"

Have you been using that for exchanges? I've been calling the number on their website listed for exchanges800-653-8000

Currently on hold again as I asked to speak to a supervisor because the guy is telling me he can't sell a "platinum" ticket over the phone. So frustrating.

"

Yes, that's the line I've been using for exchanges. 

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#31Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/14/18 at 10:18am

CT2NYC said: "Eliza2 said: "CT2NYC said: "Eliza2 said: "I've been trying for 3 weeks to upgrade my seats with Ticketmaster (for the same performance) of Angels in America and I get the runaround every time I try. Yet there are frequent posts in the Angels thread about other people doing the same thing. Driving me crazy."

"

Have you been using that for exchanges? I've been calling the number on their website listed for exchanges800-653-8000

"

Yes, that's the line I've been using for exchanges.
"

They gave me the same runaround. Told me I had to call another number 877-446-9450 to exchange for platinum tickets. Then that person at that number said they were unable to exchange "standard" tickets for "platinum" tickets even if you pay the difference. 

Danielle49
#32Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/18/18 at 1:46am

This is more of a general Telecharge question (sorry if there's a thread for that) but does anyone know if you can switch from box office pickup to e-ticket? I sold a spare ticket but the buyer misplaced it, so now they would like a reprint. I can't make it to the box office to grab one, but was hoping that maybe I could get a pdf for them instead. I wouldn't be surprised if that's not allowed though.

I will call Telecharge to verify, but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this?

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#33Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/18/18 at 2:58am

From personal experience, yes. You can call them with your order number and they should be able to send it to the email address you want them to.

VintageSnarker
#34Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/18/18 at 5:47am

Maybe it's because I rarely buy full price Broadway tickets (so I'm usually buying from a third party seller or the box office) but I have no issues with Telecharge. When I use a discount code through telecharge offers the process goes pretty smoothly. The only thing that's annoying is when I'm not really sure when I want to go and then trying to check out seats on different nights takes forever with how slow things load and sometimes I hit a wall and have to go back to the beginning to start over. I think things generally run smoother when a venue has its own system but I don't have any telecharge horror stories.

Danielle49
#36Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/18/18 at 10:56am

Jessetenny said: "From personal experience, yes. You can call them with your order number and they should be able to send it to the email address you want them to."

Thanks! Unfortunately they couldn't send me a pdf because the initial tickets were already picked up. They put in for a reprint that I can pick up 30 minutes before the show, but I'm going to schlep out there to see if I can pick it up today.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#37Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/18/18 at 3:54pm

PThespian said: "Wouldn't it be great if there was a company that combined the technical aspects of Ticketmaster with the customer service of Telecharge?"

In a perfect world.

HGorn Profile Photo
HGorn
#38Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/20/18 at 10:30am

Telecharge down again.  They really are the worst!  Website needs a full updating it's so dated.

clockworkchess
#39Telecharge is the WORST
Posted: 3/20/18 at 10:40am

I bought tickets to a show that got their run cut short. They were willing to exchange the tickets but it meant that I had to purchase another set of tickets and then I received a refund. They took a long time on the phone to deal with. 

Videos