pixeltracker

Rupauls Drag Race Season 10- Page 8

Rupauls Drag Race Season 10

Roscoe
#175Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 6/29/18 at 2:39pm

Aquaria ran around a lot, sure.  Only one thing she did to set her apart from the others, which leads me to this:

I was wondering -- they were all told to prepare a lip-synch for that final song "Bang Bang."  And yet, of the finalists, only one prepared any kind of special effect to go along with the title of the song -- the others had nothing, no prop guns, no trick costumes, nothing.  I'm wondering why experienced, talented performers like Eureka and Kamron had just zip in order to make any kind of real impression with that song.  How could they miss something like that?

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 6/29/18 at 02:39 PM

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#176Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 6/29/18 at 4:04pm

I’m sure Eureka thought her “Big Girl Wins” semi-reveal and doing the splits repeatedly was enough. I’m sure they were all given the option of props. Are you suggesting the producers supplied Aquaria with her props? I’m sure that they didn’t.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#177Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 6/29/18 at 5:02pm

Roscoe said: "Aquaria ran around a lot, sure. Only one thing she did to set her apart from the others, which leads me to this:

I was wondering -- they were all told to prepare a lip-synch for that final song "Bang Bang." And yet, of the finalists, only one prepared any kind of special effect to go along with the title of the song -- the others had nothing, no prop guns, no trick costumes, nothing. I'm wondering why experienced, talented performers like Eureka and Kamron had just zip in order to make any kind of real impression with that song. How could they miss something like that?
"

They are told about the final lip sync songs about 24 hours in advance. So they spend 7 months preparing costumes, it's hard to really pull together a stunt for the final song. Aquaria's worked because they were just $5 party poppers that she got at Party City, so even if that was last minute, it was super obtainable. Most other tricks would've taken too much time. 

Mildred Plotka
#178Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 6/29/18 at 7:46pm

Go back to Party City where you belong! Rupauls Drag Race Season 10

Roscoe
#179Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 6/29/18 at 8:54pm

Maybe not that the producers supplied Aquaria with some confetti poppers, but it's hard to believe that if Aquaria could come up with something, that nobody else could come up with something, anything.  

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#180Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 6/30/18 at 2:44am

I thought the final lip synch was just a hot mess. Didn't know where to focus and no one really stood out. Eureka absolutely won her lip synch with Aquaria. 

I kind of want the final challenge to be "What would your show be?" We know they're going to tour around, so what is your show going to be? Why would I come out to see you? The lip syncs are fun, but yeah, I agree, the gimmicks are getting old. 

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#181Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 7/1/18 at 11:56pm

"If" was a weird choice - it's one of my favorite pop songs of all time but the lyrics aren't exciting for a lip sync. Likewise, the ONLY Janet lip sync in RPDR history was on the first All Stars, and it was to... "Nasty." I love Janet, but there were better choices. "Together Again," "Escapade," "Miss You Much," "Feedback," even "Rhythm Nation" would have been better! 

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Mildred Plotka
#182Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 7/4/18 at 2:04pm

I wish they’d start doing a split screen for the lip syncs to allow the audience at home to really get a better view of each queen. It would have been especially nice during the three way final.

The producers hand is becoming more glaringly obvious each season. I don’t know why they feel the need to edit so heavily. Just let things play out. It feels like, and there has been some substantial proof to this, they decide the winner before the competition even begins. I’m happy Aquaria won, but they probably decided she was the winner from the get go. This has also been true for Jinkx, Tyra, Raja, Sharon, Bob, and Bianca. Though the latter 2 didn’t really have much competition.

The more popular the show becomes, the more the producers seem to manipulate it. Drag queens are dramatic enough. They’re capable of putting on an amazing show.

I hope next season’s batch of queens gives us more to root for towards the end.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#183Rupauls Drag Race Season 10
Posted: 7/4/18 at 2:15pm

How strange that a season that started out so damn promising turned out to just be...”meh”.