TJJ1296
#25The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/19/18 at 7:33pm

I got row O in the orchestra. Is that where you were?"

I was in row P 

bwaylistener
#26The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/19/18 at 8:49pm

Miles2Go2 said: "I am sitting far right Orchestra Row B against the wall. What, if anything, will I miss from the right side of the stage?"

I haven't seen the view from there, but most of the action takes place in center stage on the ground level, which you should be able to see from anywhere. The characters do walk around the set a bit. However, the far right side upper level is where the bathroom is, including the shower scene. But I don't know that you can see much of the shower no matter where you sit because it is set pretty far back and behind cloudy glass (or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough? I was too engrossed in the conversation, haha). For what it's worth, Bomer walks around the upper level in his underwear for a bit before getting in the shower. In far right row B, it might be hard to see elements on the right side of the stage, and possibly also some things on the upper level because the upper level floor might block your view, but I'm just speculating. I was in row G center orchestra and things farther back on the upper level had the bottom cut off, so I'd imagine it would be worse if you're closer. Anyway, I'm not sure how helpful any of this is, but hopefully that gives you some more info!

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#27The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/19/18 at 9:11pm

bwaylistener said: "Miles2Go2 said: "I am sitting far right Orchestra Row B against the wall. What, if anything, will I miss from the right side of the stage?"

I haven't seen the view from there, but most of the action takes place in center stage on the ground level, which you should be able to see from anywhere. The characters do walk around the set a bit. However, the far right side upper level is where the bathroom is, including the shower scene. But I don't know that you can see much of the shower no matter where you sit because it is set pretty far back and behind cloudy glass (or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough? I was too engrossed in the conversation, haha). For what it's worth, Bomer walks around the upper level in his underwear for a bit before getting in the shower. In far right row B, it might be hard to see elements on the right side of the stage, and possibly also some things on the upper level because the upper level floor might block your view, but I'm just speculating. I was in row G center orchestra and things farther back on the upper level had the bottom cut off, so I'd imagine it would be worse if you're closer. Anyway, I'm not sure how helpful any of this is, but hopefully that gives you some more info!
"

Thanks. That’s quite helpful actually. I figured I might miss the shower scene. Wouldn’t mind seeing Bomer’s beautiful bum, but obviously that’s not why I bought the ticket. Plus, I had read the shower glass is clouded. I did see somewhere on here that one should look up at the mirrored ceiling during the shower scene though. Lol. But the reality is if I was just going for male nudity I’d go see Afterglow or go see Naked Boys Singing again. I looked earlier and I’m lucky I bought the ticket when I did. Even tix further back are now more expensive (although I think they are all Center Orchestra) and nothing closer than the back of the Orchestra is even available now. I’m quite emotional right now thinking about seeing this historic piece of gay theater (in 30-something days!) featuring a who’s who of current younger gay actors who I will be so close to. I'm hoping the proximity will compensate for any scenes I can’t see. 

bwaylistener
#28The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/19/18 at 9:23pm

Miles2Go2 said: "bwaylistener said: "Miles2Go2 said: "I am sitting far right Orchestra Row B against the wall. What, if anything, will I miss from the right side of the stage?"

"

Thanks. That’s quite helpful actually. I figured I might miss the shower scene. Wouldn’t mind seeing Bomer’s beautiful bum, but obviously that’s not why I bought the ticket. Plus, I had read the shower glass is clouded.I did see somewhere on here that one should look up at the mirrored ceiling during the shower scene though. Lol. But the reality is if I was just going for male nudity I’d go see Afterglow or go see Naked Boys Singing again.I looked earlier and I’m lucky I bought the ticket when I did. Even tix further back are now more expensive (although I think they are all Center Orchestra)and nothing closer than the back of the Orchestra is even available now. I’m quite emotional right now thinking about seeing this historic piece of gay theater (in 30-something days!)featuring a who’s who of current younger gay actors who I will be so close to. I'm hoping the proximity will compensate for any scenes I can’t see.
"

It is a brilliant piece of theater with a phenomenal cast, and it is going to be incredible seeing it up close like that! You will really be immersed in the raw emotion. I also saw your post elsewhere about Lea's final performance in OOTI. I'll be there too. It is going to be a great weekend for theater for you!

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#29The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/19/18 at 9:32pm

Thanks, bwaylistener.

Here’s my 7-night schedule:

- [x] Skintight - Tuesday (purchased)
- [ ] Angels in America 1 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. Wednesday
- [x] Three Tall Women - Thursday 7:00 p.m. (purchased)
- [x] My Fair Lady - Friday 8:00 p.m. (purchased)
- [ ] Spongebob Squarepants - Saturday matinee 2:00 p.m.
- [x] The Boys in the Band - 8:00 p.m. Saturday (purchased)
- [x] The Iceman Cometh - Sunday matinee 2:00 p.m. (purchased)
- [x] Once on This Island - Sunday night 7:30 p.m. (purchased)

P.S. i’d be open to meeting briefly pre-OOTI inside the theater just to say hello! No offense taken if you’d rather not.

bwaylistener
#30The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/19/18 at 9:48pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Thanks, bwaylistener.

Here’s my 7-night schedule:

- [x] Skintight - Tuesday (purchased)
- [ ] Angels in America 1 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. Wednesday
- [x] Three Tall Women - Thursday 7:00 p.m. (purchased)
- [x] My Fair Lady - Friday 8:00 p.m. (purchased)
- [ ] Spongebob Squarepants - Saturday matinee 2:00 p.m.
- [x] The Boys in the Band - 8:00 p.m. Saturday (purchased)
- [x] The Iceman Cometh - Sunday matinee 2:00 p.m. (purchased)
- [x] Once on This Island - Sunday night 7:30 p.m. (purchased)

P.S. i’d be open to meeting briefly pre-OOTI inside the theater just to say hello! No offense taken if you’d rather not.
"

What an amazing lineup! We should definitely say hi at OOTI!

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#31The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/19/18 at 9:58pm

Thanks. I’m quite excited. It’ll be here before I know it! Looking forward to meeting you.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#32The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/21/18 at 9:07am

Miles2Go2 said: "I’m lucky I bought the ticket when I did. Even tix further back are now more expensive (although I think they are all Center Orchestra) and nothing closer than the back of the Orchestra is even available now."

Same here; we bought back in mid-January and got center orchestra row C for $181.20 (including tax/fees) apiece. It's amazing what similar seats are going for now!

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Nycat63
#33The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/21/18 at 11:01am

I’m sorry if I’m misunderstanding but it sounds almost like much of the orchestra has some minor sight line issues with the second floor of the set? Someone in center G missed some stuff, felt closer up would also miss or even miss a bit more, and the very back of the orchestra (row P and perhaps O where my tickets are) has mezzanine overhang issues? Sounds like all of these are minor but if this is the case I won’t worry about trying to move up (right now it isn’t even possible but it seems lots of center Orch seats get released days before each performance at “regular” prices).

somecheapfrenchthing
#34The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/25/18 at 11:44am

Any word on the box seats? I’m thinking about buying box, but I’m concerned about sightlines.

TJJ1296
#35The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/25/18 at 12:01pm

somecheapfrenchthing said: "Any word on the box seats? I’m thinking about buying box, but I’m concerned about sightlines."

Box seats in the Booth are extremely obstructed. You'll miss about 1/3 of the stage depending on which side you're on. While most of the action happens downstage center, the actors are all over the set throughout the play since there are very few exits and entrances. If you're looking for cheap, try stubhub closer to show time or standing room over a box seat. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#36The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/25/18 at 2:45pm

I sat in the right box and for the price ($99) I thought it was ok. You have to lean on the rail in order to see everything and for some people that can get uncomfortable. When you comfortable sit on the seat, you'll see the rail in front of you.

When I bought my box seat several weeks ago, they told me the prices of boxes will increase to $169 in June but that may have changed. For $169, I'd rather sit in a full-view seat.

Between standing room and boxes, I'd probably pick boxes since you're closer to the stage and you  definitely see facial expressions.

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#37The Boys in the Band Seating
Posted: 5/25/18 at 4:05pm

I didn't sit in the box seats, but I was in row A mezzanine seats that were closest to the box seats on the left side and I suspect you might have problems seeing the bedroom part of the set on the second floor from that vantage point.