Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#1Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"
Posted: 8/10/18 at 8:56am

Her new album was released today. Anyone listen?

I'm really loving it. My favorite track is It All Fades Away.

MadViolist Profile Photo
MadViolist
#3Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"
Posted: 8/10/18 at 6:06pm

Solo albums of Broadway actors are usually a huge disappointment for me (never got over how bad the song selection is on Sutton Foster's last one). Not this one. Some of the arrangements are a bit unusual but there's not a single song I wouldn't like.

Her voice is amazing, technically secure and versatile in so many styles. Vosk is definitely one of the top young performers currently on Broadway and I'm very much looking forward to her new roles after Elphaba.

Just one thing - question: in What Baking Can Do, is the guitarist playing a wrong chord at 2:43??? It's such a strange effect and very distracting thing to have a major/minor harmonies at the same time when it's not in the original version.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#4Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"
Posted: 8/12/18 at 12:33am

I absolutely love it.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#5Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"
Posted: 8/12/18 at 3:06pm

Every day I have a new favorite track. Can’t stop listening!

superiska123
#6Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"
Posted: 8/12/18 at 3:33pm

MadViolist said: "Solo albums of Broadway actors are usually a huge disappointment for me (never got over how bad the song selection is on Sutton Foster's last one). Not this one. Some of the arrangements are a bit unusual but there's not a single song I wouldn't like.

Her voice is amazing, technically secure and versatile in so many styles.Vosk is definitelyone of the top young performers currently on Broadway and I'm very much looking forward to her new roles after Elphaba.

Just one thing - question: in What Baking Can Do,is the guitarist playing a wrong chord at 2:43??? It's such a strange effect and very distracting thing to have a major/minor harmonies at the same time when it's not in the original version.
"

Completely agree, MadViolist. In my opinion, Jessica Vosk is a truly gifted singer, but I think that the entire album's orchestrations are a bit odd. I also think the mastering could have somehow been better, at times it just sounds noisy and all over the place.

This, of course, doesn't detract from Vosk's obviously excellent vocal chops and great song choices...

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#7Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"
Posted: 8/12/18 at 3:36pm

I am blown away that she nearly hit the Top 10 best-selling albums on iTunes the other day. Girl's on fire.

mailhandler777
#8Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"
Posted: 8/12/18 at 5:40pm

In the past 11yrs I've been seeing shows and buying performers albums I must say I have never loved every song on any album except for Jessica's. I also don't remember anyone else getting the response that she has been getting. I've funded a few and they never met their goals in 72hrs. Most took them right down to the wire. Jessica is definitely a rare gem.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#9Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"
Posted: 8/12/18 at 7:06pm

Don’t really like her cover of what baking can do. Also think it was a missed opportunity to cover a song from wicked.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Videos